ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Anybody else get greyed-out menus in the footage bin?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blaise DourosAnybody else get greyed-out menus in the footage bin?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:16:36 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:23:42 pm

See attached image.

Anyone else seeing this when they try to right-click on anything in the footage bins? It's been happening since I moved over to a new machine. Is this a preference that I hit accidentally? Why would there be a preference that does this in the first place...?

Editing to add--yes, I have tried trashing my prefs. Nope, it doesn't change anything.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Anybody else get greyed-out menus in the footage bin?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:27:08 pm

Update: I've just found that if I undock the panel, the regular options come back. But the second I dock it, it's back to the same thing. Bug?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Anybody else get greyed-out menus in the footage bin?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:29:05 pm

Have you docked the panel with the source window? Looks like you're getting the same settings you would get with the source/program window.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Anybody else get greyed-out menus in the footage bin?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 6:54:49 pm

It's on the same horizontal line of windows as the Source window. I've found that I can either (a) undock it, (b) move it down to the Timeline level, or, weirdly, I can Reset To Saved Layout in the workspaces menu. However, if I click directly on a Workspace, the bug comes back. I have to click a Workspace, then Reset To Saved Layout.

So, there are some workarounds...but this is a silly, silly bug that is playing silly buggers with my ability to switch Workspaces. Now that I've figured out the workarounds, it's only annoying rather than a serious impediment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]