ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

DVD rip - VOB files timecode issue?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brad hebertDVD rip - VOB files timecode issue?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:24:35 am

I haven't tried to rip a DVD in a while. I used to do it all the time, and MPEG Streamclip would transcode the VOB files just find. I probably haven't done it on my current computer, and it says I need a $20 license that I'm not willing to pay for at this time.

Handbrake transcoded the VOB files. However, when I put them in a Premiere sequence, there are missing frames where VTS_01_1 meets VTS_01_2. It's in the middle of a song and there is like a beat missing. It's impossible to edit and sound right. My friend says the DVD plays smoothly through the song.

Does anyone know where the files might be getting clipped? Handbrake? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: DVD rip - VOB files timecode issue?
by on Sep 28, 2016 at 1:10:31 pm

Hi Brad,

Why RIP the DVDs at all? Copy the .vob files from disc to your hard drive, then Import them into Premiere, it will edit .vob files natively.

But back to MPEG Streamclip, haven't used it in years, but you don't have to purchase the special QuickTime version - I had installed something called "QuickTime Alternative" which was an option at the time. I don't know if that is still the case, but check into it.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

brad hebertRe: DVD rip - VOB files timecode issue?
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 3:28:13 am

I'm on CS6. When I tried to drag the files into the browser pane it said "file format not supported".

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: DVD rip - VOB files timecode issue?
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 4:05:50 am

[brad hebert] "I'm on CS6. When I tried to drag the files into the browser pane it said "file format not supported"."

Are the DVDs encrypted?

Return to posts index

brad hebertRe: DVD rip - VOB files timecode issue?
by on Sep 30, 2016 at 10:13:12 pm

Pretty sure the DVD is not encrypted. It's basically a home video that a friend transferred from tape to DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]