ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Importing cinema footage into Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey BullockImporting cinema footage into Premiere
by on Sep 25, 2016 at 8:04:10 pm

I shot an event with the C100 MK ii. Amazing camera, however Canon and Adobe seem to have an outrageous disconnect, because Premiere won't recognize h.264 MP4 files natively.
After scouring the internet, I am at my wit's end! There seems to be no simple way of adding the proper codec to premiere so it will recognize mp4.
Some genius had the idea to just change the file name, so I tried this. Renamed the first shot from .MP4 to .MOV and alas, it worked! Premiere read the file no problem.
I then proceeded to rename over 200 FILES INDIVIDUALLY to .MOV, imported them all into premiere, and suddenly they don't work again! WTFF!!!!!!!
Hovering the cursor over the files in Premiere (CS6) I see that the one file that works shows the frame rate at "29.97 fps", while the others show "29.97p". I don't even know how this is possible, because I did the EXACT SAME THING to each and every file! It also indicates the audio as "16-bit", while the others indicate "compressed".
For the record, premiere will technically import every file. It knows there is video and audio there, but when put into the timeline or source monitor, I just get the "Media Pending" yellow screen.
Someone please help me! My client is putting a lot of pressure on me to hurry and deliver.
Thank you for any information, sorry for the rant.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Importing cinema footage into Premiere
by on Sep 25, 2016 at 9:25:26 pm

Were the files actually .MP4 or were they .MTS? If they were MTS then you should keep the original folder structure (and rename the files back) and use the media browser to import the files. Also Premiere CS6 is getting pretty old so it won't have support for newer cameras.

Return to posts index

Joey BullockRe: Importing cinema footage into Premiere
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 3:40:26 pm

They were actual MP4.
I used to the media browser, bunk.
And I refuse to do the creative cloud.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Importing cinema footage into Premiere
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 3:51:54 pm

Download Resolve and try transcoding them to a format that would work for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]