COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thiago Sasaki
Premiere gets stuck while exporting if I use effects and keyframes on texts
on Sep 25, 2016 at 4:25:21 am

Hello there!
(English isn't my first language but I'll try my best here):

I've a problem with Adobe Premiere Pro CC and maybe you guys can help me:

Every time I'm using blur effects and keyframes on my texts, Premiere gets stuck exporting at a given percentagem. And when I use the Render In to Out option first, I can see that Premiere will get stuck where the blur effect is inserted. And the only way I found to render the file is removing the keyframes or the whole blur effect from my text.

Is there a way to fix this? I tried exporting my project as Final Cut Pro XML and importing it into a new project, but the problem still happens.
A picture of the moment in which the problem occurs: http://i.imgur.com/PXuHQFI.jpg

And my rig:
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 and using H.264 codec.
i5 4460 Haswell
8gb Ram
GPU R9 280

I hope to find a solution to this!
Thank you for your time, I appreciate any help!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Premiere gets stuck while exporting if I use effects and keyframes on texts
on Sep 25, 2016 at 11:55:24 am

First off your English, as well as your grammar and text layout, is perfect as far as I can see, and I'm from the Bronx. We invented English! ;-)

I've never used directional blur, but I opened a project I'm working on and applied it to a title. I even added key frames so that it would start about half way through the title and get stronger towards the end. It rendered perfectly, and only took about 29 seconds. I should say I encoded it using Media Encoder. Does yours encode ok or does it hang up doing that as well? I'm not sure if there's a difference between render time and encode time since I never render.

Anyway, in short, I had no problem and my PC isn't exactly built for video editing. But my experience shows that it CAN be done. You just have to find the cause of your problem and I'm sure someone who knows better will see the problem in your screen capture. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Thiago Sasaki
on Sep 25, 2016 at 1:43:37 pm

(Thanks for what you said about my English! =D)

And if I try to encode the project, the Media Encoder will hang up too (but the time remaining will keep increasing. I even left my PC on during one whole night to see if it was going to finish sometime, but it doesn't).
It's really weird and I just realized that the same thing also happens if I use the effect on videos too.

But thanks for your help, Duke! I'll keep searching for an answer!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Sep 25, 2016 at 3:51:21 pm

You might have the speed and direction settings too high. I noticed one of them is set at 90 degrees? I only set mine to like 7 and 16. I'll upload the result.

Word of warning. I make short comedy videos with my son. This latest one is about a Shaolin monk defending his temple, so don't be offended (I assume you're Japanese?)

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Sep 25, 2016 at 4:03:01 pm

I tried using Ease In and Ease out as well since that's what you did. No problems whatsoever. Try this just to isolate the problem. Do a new project, place a graphic image on one track and a title with the directional blur above it and see if it renders normally. If not there's something weird going on. Here's my video with Ease In/Ease Out applied

Return to posts index

Thiago Sasaki
on Sep 30, 2016 at 5:50:45 am

I had some problems with my Internet but I'm connected now!

I don't know how to quote messages here, but it's @Duke Sweden haha, I'm not Japanese but Brazilian (but I'm living in Japan right now).

And actually, thanks a lot for your efforts trying to help me with this problem. I tried your tips but the same problem happened. And after trying a lot of things, I found this site http://kyleesportfolio.com/blog/?p=1699 suggesting to change the codec being used to render the video previews and after combining that tip with another process, I was able to encode my vid.

So now, every time I work with blur effects and key-frames, I need to do this ritual:

1) Put the blur effect that I want, keyframes, etc;
2) Clean Media cache;
3) Then I go to to Sequence menu > Sequence Settings and under Video Previews option, I've to change the Preview File Format to something else (like Microsoft AVI or Quicktime, for example).
4) After that I can use the "Render in to out option" where the effect is and finish my project encoding it.

It's a workaround but at least is working now!

Thanks a lot for your help, man!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Sep 25, 2016 at 3:58:34 pm

If you have GPU acceleration on try changing it to software only.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]