ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Massive and Inexplicable Swelling of Project file using Adobe Premiere CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amar SalgiaMassive and Inexplicable Swelling of Project file using Adobe Premiere CS6
by on Sep 24, 2016 at 7:10:49 am

Dear Creative Cow Community,

I have been using Adobe Premiere CS6 on a film project for a long time. For one of my files, just today I have started having a strange and inexplicable problem which renders my project film un-openable.

I don't know what happened all of a sudden, but every time I save the file, the size of the file grows by giant leaps. Even without changing ANYTHING in the file, and even after deleting large amount of material in the file, the file size has grown from 62 MB (normal size for this project), to 68.5 MB, to 202 MB, to 347 MB, to 641 MB. I have even seen it as large as 846 MB. None of these huge files will open, and I have lost all of my work from today. (I have been saving archival copies.)

What is happening here, and why is it happening? How can I prevent it from happening with this file, and with other files?

Can this particular file be salvaged?

I have been informed in this forum before that there is a bug in Adobe Premiere that causes this. (I have experienced this once before.) What can be done about it?

I would greatly appreciate your advice. Thank you very much in advance.

ATS

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Massive and Inexplicable Swelling of Project file using Adobe Premiere CS6
by on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:36:47 pm

render out the stabilized clips. that data is actually stored in the project file. also, try using lumetri as adjustment layers and if not possible, then use smaller sequences. you can usually re-import a file into a new sequence to recover files.

Return to posts index

Amar SalgiaRe: Massive and Inexplicable Swelling of Project file using Adobe Premiere CS6
by on Sep 25, 2016 at 7:21:03 am

Thanks very much, Chris. I will make note of this for the future.

Best,

ATS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]