ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Creating a Protools session from merged files from Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel PearlCreating a Protools session from merged files from Premier Pro
by on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:29:44 am

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to export audio for the sound mix on a pro tools using merged files in Premier Pro. I'm about to start on a feature and I want to avoid a nightmare down the line.

The footage was shot with external audio and an assistant editor organized and synced the video/audio using merged clips. The merged clips were then rename for the editor so that it made more sense for him ie shot1 take 01 etc

When the picture is locked exporting an OMF creates new audio files with random naming convention and the new clip name is retained. There is no way for the sound mixer to reference the original audio wav file as the source metadata seems to be overwritten on export. Same issue with AAF.

How can you export audio from Premiere CC 2015.3 so that the audio guys using pro tools can either reconform to original audio files and/or reference the original audio file?

Thanks!!
RAchel

Return to posts index

John PaleRe: Creating a Protools session from merged files from Premier Pro
by on Sep 24, 2016 at 1:14:57 pm

Many people have stopped using Merged Clips as they have many quirky limitations and switched to making Multicam group clips instead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]