ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

premiere pro problem with cropping

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viktor Koldamovpremiere pro problem with cropping
by on Sep 23, 2016 at 7:51:14 pm

Hello everyone,
new to this forum and new to the world of video and editing. I am in the mids of doing my first video. A mix of fresh recorded videos, old once and time lapse. First a bit of general info:
The video has 1280x720 crop. I record the videos on 1920x1080, edit th fresh shots and export them with h.264 and 1280x720p. All going good until I stumbled upon with the following issue:
  • The time lapse video was produced with 1240x864, do not ask me why. I used Lrtimelapse and do not remember what I did. So eventually the extra height is messing up with the other videos at 720p. I exported the file from premiere pro with the default settings and here comes the confusion. Although in the file information stays 1280x720p, the file inserted in the time line of the project shorter width , hence it is not 1280. The height 720 is OK. I have tried all possible settings by the export options and nothing helps.
  • prior to this issue,I had similar one. A file already with 1280x720 after being exported with the same crop and h.264 was way smaller compared to the other video on the time line with the crop size of 1280x720. I managed to deal with this issue by exporting the file with the file size setting.

Can someone give me a suggestion how to deal with this extra pixel line in the height without making the file smaller after being exported.

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Chris HallRe: premiere pro problem with cropping
    by on Sep 25, 2016 at 12:43:26 pm

I'm not totally sure I understand your problem.

Is your timeline set to 1080 x 1920, and then you export to a 1280 x 720 file?

Is your problem that on your final export the timelapse doesn't fill the screen leaving black at the sides?

It looks like your timelapse has a different aspect ratio to the timeline or final export, so it will not fill the screen fully. The only option is to increase the size of the timlapse clips once in the timeline so it fills the screen. You will lose a bit either at the top or bottom of the screen or both, but once you have increased the size so that you don't have black at the sides, you can move each clip up or down to get a good framing. Then you can export.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]