ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

No Audio In Premiere After Windows Update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon SörensenNo Audio In Premiere After Windows Update
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 4:49:23 pm

Hello!

Right now I'm really aggravated! The last thing you want to do is troubleshoot your editing software after a day of working.

After a huge Windows update (took the system 1 hour to install), I no longer hear my audio in Premiere Pro. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Here's a quick video of me showing what's going on:

As you can see the audio "is there", but can't be heared. Notice how in the volume control the Premiere Pro software can't be controlled. That must mean that Windows doesn't play the audio from the program, right?

Please help me, I use the editor daily!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: No Audio In Premiere After Windows Update
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:31:41 pm

Pretty tough to help you without any information about how you monitor audio on your system. We have no idea if you monitor through an I/O card or device, or whether you play audio out of your headphone jack or what? Give us some more of info and you'll likely get helpful responses.

the future, as I'm sure you already know, don't "fix" your editing system mid-project unless it's really broken.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Simon SörensenRe: No Audio In Premiere After Windows Update
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:51:30 pm

I have speakers plugged in to the audio jack on the backside of my computer. I guess that would be a I/O card?. The speakers works in all other programs, except Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: No Audio In Premiere After Windows Update
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 7:31:43 pm

For future reference, an I/O card (or device) is a 3rd party pcie card or a device that connects via thunderbolt, etc., that allows you to connect virtually any video or audio source to your computer for input or output. For example, if you want to display video to a broadcast monitor for accurate color correction, you'd output through an I/O card or device. Or, if you want to monitor balanced audio (you're now monitoring unbalanced (can be prone to RF interference), you'd monitor through an I/O card or device with XLR connections.

Make sense???

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: No Audio In Premiere After Windows Update
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:53:53 pm

I had this happen to me before, and a few others here as well since I remember this popping up on the forum. Check that your settings under your audio preferences haven't changed. Also go to your Windows audio settings. Sometimes an update will change what your default audio device is. With me, it switched from my speakers to a 5.1 audio system I don't even have, hence no sound.

If that doesn't work someone who had the problem but is a bit more technical (and not as Alzheimered as I am) will pop up to help.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:55:56 pm

THANK YOU! It was as simple as going to "preferences" and changing the speakers. Awesome, thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:59:07 pm

You saved me a lot of time so please let me offer a donation, or maybe a shout out on my YouTube channel?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: No Audio In Premiere After Windows Update
by on Sep 22, 2016 at 8:29:54 pm

Well, I could use some cash ;-) But there are people here who offer their expertise without ever expecting anything in return. Unfortunately I'm not one of them :-)

Your thank you was good enough. However, any further expression of thanks will be much appreciated.
Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]