ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Preimere Pro Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raquel DeloatchPreimere Pro Workflow
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 2:13:33 pm

I am editing in Premiere Pro. The native is .h264. Should I render edits and to continue AE and VFX in MOV, AVI , MP4 or other? Final result will be for theatrical release which has then be converted to ProRes file.

Return to posts index

Tom LaughlinRe: Preimere Pro Workflow
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 3:13:34 pm

From what I understand, once you drop the clip into a sequence, it will ask you if you want to match the sequence settings to the footage, click yes. You can edit h.264 natviely, and output to proress with any issues. Just ensure frame-rate is the same, and check the color on your final output at the end of the edit, when you export. Sometimes, exporting to prores, I've had some color look slightly different, but not that big of a deal. There are a ton of videos on YouTube as far as best ways to export to ProRes, but for me, best quality and frame-rate is the most important for me for exporting. Theatrical release and acquisitions people may want to a different format or flavor of ProRes, so I'd check that as well. Future congrats on your theatrical release !

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere Pro Workflow
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 3:38:20 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 21, 2016 at 3:39:00 pm

Will you need to export the video to other applications prior to delivery? If so, transcoding from the H.264 acquisition codec prior to editing will be VERY beneficial; you'll preserve a lot more image quality. You could go to DNxHD, ProRes, Cineform, JPEG 200 or Photo JPEG, just to name a few.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]