ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Random Color Changes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim GlaimRandom Color Changes
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 5:51:24 am

Hi, everyone.

This may be unrelated to Premiere Pro, but I'll presumably be using Premiere Pro to fix it, so here goes. I'm shooting videos for a vlog and I've noticed that at least once in every video I've done so far, there's a noticeable shift in the color balance. All the sudden, all my colors will look noticeably different. At first, I thought it had something to do with my editing and my attempts at color correction, but it seems to happen at random, even at points in the video where I haven't done anything special. Anyone have any idea what's happening? Is it something my camera is doing? Is my camera trying to adjust the color balance on the fly because of changes in focus or the light levels or what? What's going on?

Please help. I want these videos to look professional and it looks bad when there's a sudden shift in colors.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Random Color Changes
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 2:00:14 pm

What does the video clip look like in a viewer? Do you see shifting? What's the nature of the clips... media container/codec?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim GlaimRe: Random Color Changes
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 12:36:09 am

I see the shifting in the viewer. I haven't rendered any of this yet, so it's nothing to do with that.

Not sure I understand the question about the nature of the clips.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Random Color Changes
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 12:43:27 am

I agree with Joe that the most likely cause is the Auto White Balance. That and Auto Iris can really mess up your video. But you can still use both: Set up your shot, turn on both, then turn them off you should be good to go.

You'll want to do this whenever you change your lighting conditions. It'll help a lot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Random Color Changes
by on Sep 19, 2016 at 3:16:57 pm

Turn off Auto White Balance on the camera, it is always searching for colors and trying to correct on the fly.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Tim GlaimRe: Random Color Changes
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 12:37:14 am

I suspected it was something like that. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]