ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Burn in Effects/Keeping Premiere Effects with the AE Dynamic Link

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick SleeBurn in Effects/Keeping Premiere Effects with the AE Dynamic Link
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 3:25:31 am

Hi all,

It might seem like a stupid thing to do but I'm trying to find a way to burn in effects that I have on my clips. The reason being that I have Neat Video Noise Remover but only in After Effects. Now when I use the Dynamic Link to go to After Effects, not all of the effects I've used in Premiere exist there and so don't come over which, in turn, means they don't come back when in Premiere.

Of course, if there is another solution that I don't know about that would be better, please do say.

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Burn in Effects/Keeping Premiere Effects with the AE Dynamic Link
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 12:51:23 pm

Most of the time that people complain about how slow Neat Video is in rendering, the usual response is to apply Neat Video first, render out the clips, go make a meatball sandwich and watch a movie, and THEN do your thing on the rendered clips.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Burn in Effects/Keeping Premiere Effects with the AE Dynamic Link
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:05:23 pm

[Duke Sweden] "Most of the time that people complain about how slow Neat Video is in rendering, the usual response is to apply Neat Video first, render out the clips, go make a meatball sandwich and watch a movie, and THEN do your thing on the rendered clips."

Duke is right. Removing/adding grain is a really compatutationally intensive process and it's easier to deal with the footage when this part has been done to it already. Just make sure you have some heads and tails on the clips if you need to do transitions.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Burn in Effects/Keeping Premiere Effects with the AE Dynamic Link
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:18:29 pm

There are a couple of ways to deal with this...

In AE when you do the work....

Render out at .mov and in the output settings make sure to enable "Include Project Link"

if you need to make changes in the AE project...you'll be able to "edit original" in PPro and be taken right back to the companion AE file...

If you really need to use Dynamic link...

Select your comp in the Project panel of AE, right click and choose "set Proxy"

and choose your render...

then you can dynamic link from PPro to AE.....and have access to the comp, BUT the comp is looking at the already rendered File....so you can minimize the performance hit when working with Dynamic link...

(don't forget that Proxies can be ANY resolution...even full and final it makes no difference to AE)

HTH...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]