ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Crashing When Audio Hardware Changed

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles KoppelmanPremiere Pro Crashing When Audio Hardware Changed
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:45:34 am

This is a continuing problem using Premiere Pro CC 2015: I have an external speaker -- the JBL Flip -- connected via Bluetooth. I can live with the 2-3 frame lag time on the audio when doing simple viewing, editing.

But when I walk away from the machine for any length of time the Flip turns itself off, I suppose to save its charge. I turn the speaker back on but PP playback is not functioning. Which I've learned means audio the hardware setting needs to be checked because it's defaulted to Internal Speakers, or just doesn't know where the Flip speaker went to.

As soon as I go to Settings>Audio Hardware, PP crashes. This happened twice today. Which means having to restart PP, and re-load all the media for a feature documentary project -- over 9,000 clips. That takes 15-20 minutes.

Anyone have any ideas? Grateful in advance.

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: Premiere Pro Crashing When Audio Hardware Changed
by on Sep 20, 2016 at 5:42:06 am

Obvious answer is to keep the Flip charging continuously or does it still shut down. Can't you just hard wire it to keep it connected.

Return to posts index

Charles KoppelmanRe: Premiere Pro Crashing When Audio Hardware Changed
by on Sep 21, 2016 at 4:57:40 pm

Yep. Once I posted that solution popped to mind. Writing out the problem sometimes jogs the brain I guess. Seems okay now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]