ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Best way to fix skin tones in PPro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenBest way to fix skin tones in PPro
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 11:42:59 pm

Now this will be right up someone's alley! I've noticed that 4K footage from the Panasonic G7 tends towards orange/red. I can adjust it in post in PPro, but it's a tedious operation given the footage is compressed. Anybody out there familiar with color correcting h264 footage that might have a tip on an easier way to correct skin tones? When I get wb dead on everything else in the scene looks gorgeous out of camera, except for the skin tones.

All the tutorials, naturally, deal with uncompressed footage. Thanks either way!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Best way to fix skin tones in PPro
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:58:23 am

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/394/32#35

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Best way to fix skin tones in PPro
by on Sep 18, 2016 at 11:32:14 pm

[Duke Sweden] " I can adjust it in post in PPro, but it's a tedious operation given the footage is compressed. Anybody out there familiar with color correcting h264 footage that might have a tip on an easier way to correct skin tones"

You do realize that all codecs are compressed:

CoDec = COmpressed / DECompressed.

DNX, ProRes - they are all compressed. h264 is Long-Gop compressed, which makes it a little harder on your computer, but color correction works for it the same as it will work for I-Frame compressed footage (Prores, DNX.) Every camera and every shooting situation will handle color differently but the same tools are used for correcting all of them.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]