ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Any way to fix Canon DSLR AI SERVO footage that keeps refocusing?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dorland rizAny way to fix Canon DSLR AI SERVO footage that keeps refocusing?
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 11:08:52 pm

That Canon 70D AI SERVO focusing feature kept auto focusing on the background and the subject because he was moving. Any way to minimize that effect in Premiere?

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: Any way to fix Canon DSLR AI SERVO footage that keeps refocusing?
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 12:18:09 am

Shooting with autofocus is rarely a good idea for that reason.

Is it something you can reshoot?

Return to posts index

dorland rizRe: Any way to fix Canon DSLR AI SERVO footage that keeps refocusing?
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 12:33:24 am

lol damnit. No. Thing is, it happened before and I thought I turned off the tracking for that shot but I guess i didn't. I was just hoping there was some magical way to reduce it since it seems only proper magic can fix something like that. Hopefully they don't mention it. but thanks

Return to posts index

Hirum HorkwellerRe: Any way to fix Canon DSLR AI SERVO footage that keeps refocusing?
by on Sep 17, 2016 at 5:13:07 am

You cannot "fix" a bad focus but maybe you can cut around it and make it look like you did that on purpose. Who knows, maybe you can use this trick a few times throughout the piece and make it more interesting.

For example:

I did a commercial project once that required CG, but the CG was really bad so we threw a 'bad video' effect over it to mask how fake it looked. We dropped the effect over a few non CG shots too, and used audio cues to make it look deliberate. No one ever suspected we even used CG at all.

There is always a creative solution ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]