ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Video keeps cropping after render.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith MernaghVideo keeps cropping after render.
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 1:01:32 pm

Hi Creative Cow Community,

Here are my sequence settings with a screenshot:

My original footage is recorded at 2560 x 1380. I resized it to fit the sequence settings of 1920 x 1080. As you can see my sequence settings are set to 1920 x 1080.

However when I go to render it in Adobe Media Encoder CC with the preset of "YouTube 1080HD" it crops the top and bottom and even some of the sides.

Even the propertites of the final footage confirm 1920 x 1080

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm just doing something very silly.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Video keeps cropping after render.
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 3:50:48 pm

Your Pixel Aspect Ratio is wrong. It should be Square, i.e. a value of 1.0. rather than 1.04 or whatever.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Video keeps cropping after render.
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 4:27:00 pm

Also your original footage is a bit wider than 16x9 so you'll get letterboxing when you fit that to 1920x1080.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Video keeps cropping after render.
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 6:57:50 pm

To add to Dave's comments, besides needing 1.0 Pixel Aspect in Sequence Settings, Fields should be None (Progressive) rather than Lower.

When you bring your 2560x1380 clip into the 1920x1080 Sequence, you can either right-click the clip and choose Set to Frame, or use Motion effect to Scale to 75%, either will shrink the image down to fit the 1920x1080 frame. At that point nothing is cropped off, and there are very narrow black bars top and bottom.

The Program window usually represents what you can expect on export - if the image is cropped in Program window, that is what your export will look like as well.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Keith MernaghRe: Video keeps cropping after render.
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 7:06:56 pm

Thanks a million everyone. I fixed it there by fixing the aspect ratio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]