ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere super slow rendering second layer when RGBA

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RikerPremiere super slow rendering second layer when RGBA
by on Sep 15, 2016 at 8:19:14 pm

Using Premiere Pro CC 2014. I have a 1080p video track on V1 that is an hour 45 minutes long. If relevant the original source video is encoded yuv420p 1920x1080 and h264 High.
I have created a separate subtitle track with VDub that sits on V2 with built in transparency that is RGBA based. It's a video that is all black/transparent and occasionally has the subtitles on it to bake in.

If I render the primary video by itself renders in a bit over an hour.
If I render the primary video and also put that same video on V2 it renders about the same.
If I render the primary video and add the transparent RGBA video on V2 it takes 40 hours.
If I create a 1 minute version of the transparent RGBA video and put on V2 it says it's going to take 40 hours.
If I render the RGBA track by itself renders in about 55 minutes.

Note exporting to AVI with lagarith and YUY2.

Any idea why this is happening? Doesn't make sense.

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere super slow rendering second layer when RGBA
by on Sep 15, 2016 at 8:53:50 pm

Use Subtitle Edit and export your subtitles as PNGs and export an XML. Bring those in Premiere and you'll have a sequence that has the subtitles on only when they are actually active instead of rendering two full length video tracks at once.

You didn't mention the format of your subtitle video but I'd guess that's the culprit here.

Return to posts index

John RikerRe: Premiere super slow rendering second layer when RGBA
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 12:12:33 am

Thanks for the reply. This is what I'm doing. I have an a_s_s extension subtitle and create a AVISynth file like:

MaskSub("Subtitles_31_English.ass" , 1920, 1080, 23.976, 152054)
FlipVertical()

Then using Lagarith set to RGBA and export to AVI.

What you suggested sounds totally viable. Use Subtitle Edit to create my original a_s_s files. I'm going to try and duplicate how to do this however is there anywhere I can see where to do this?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2016 at 1:45:47 am

Note I figured it out however when I import the XML file into the project it just gives me a generic error and fails.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2016 at 12:55:33 pm

got it to import by separately exporting a FCP xml file and importing it into Premiere. that said looks like it just put in a bunch on 3 second clips i have to manually place for the subs duration.

JR

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere super slow rendering second layer when RGBA
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 1:03:25 pm

If you did it right you should have still images of your subtitles and a sequence that has those still images show up in the correct time. If the clips are offline then relink them.

Something like this:

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2016 at 3:02:51 pm

Going to try this again, however when exporting is it normal that the font size and font itself are greyed out and can't be set?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2016 at 3:21:04 pm

By the way, here is what I'm doing if you can let me know what I'm supposed to be doing would be great:

1. Import SUP or ASS into SubTitle Edit
2. Click File > Export > Final Cut Pro + image
3. Image format: PNG
4. Changed NTSC/PAL from PAL to NTSC
5. Clicked Export all Lines
6. Opened Premiere Pro and loaded project
7. Clicked File > Import > selected xml file.
8. Imported this time into Project (Upgraded to 2015 from 2014)

I now have a bunch of Subtitle PNG files in the project and also some stereo video in 23.00 FPS of the full length in the project as well. Nothing on the actual timeline. Now what?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2016 at 7:22:58 pm

Perhaps I don't know how to use sequences. If I drag the sequence onto the timeline it is added as a video file across the entire video length. If I just double click on the sequence it seems to open a separate timeline and shows all the individual PNG files and lengths. How do I just get that subset of entries on the timeline next to the original video. Also the times are way off. Premiere imports the file as 23.00 FPS even though it is labeled in the XML file as 23.976 FPS. A PNG that is supposed to start at 1:19:14:00 or whatever comes in at 01:22:30:16.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]