ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Importing AVID AAF to Premiere Pro project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole DavisImporting AVID AAF to Premiere Pro project
by on Sep 14, 2016 at 7:48:30 pm

Hi!

I wasn't sure where to put this question, but here goes. After working in Avid for the past 4 months, I've been asked to transfer sequences into premiere for another editor. I consolidated the (previously transcoded) media and made AAFs, but the sequences don't seem to be relinking properly in premiere pro. I'll see a 10 minute clip on the timeline, but only 2 minutes -- one mxf file's worth of footage -- is actually viewable. The rest has diagonal lines on the timeline and only shows a black screen on the monitor. Is there a way to merge the mxf files in premiere?

Nikki

Return to posts index

Travis LittlefieldRe: Importing AVID AAF to Premiere Pro project
by on Sep 15, 2016 at 5:23:06 pm

Responding to this mostly to see what other people say. Although Premiere touts its ability to manage AAFs and MXF files, I've noticed some serious issues using native avid op-atom mxf files, and haven't been able to figure out a good workaround. Premiere reads them and plays them back just fine, but doesn't recognize the timecode. It always gives clips a starting timecode of 00:00:00:00 for us, which makes it useless for reconnecting (and which is most likely what you're running into). Embedded AAF files generally don't work for this reason either.

If no-one else has any tips, I would suggest sending a feature request (or Bug report, or both!) to Adobe so that they will know that it is an issue that multiple editors are struggling with. I've sent in multiple requests, and even got a response from the engineering team last year, so I have to hope it's on the docket for an upcoming release as long as people keep the pressure on.

Here's the feature request/bug report link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]