ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Issue with audio appearing out of nowhere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SilvermanIssue with audio appearing out of nowhere
by on Sep 14, 2016 at 3:59:56 pm

I'm having a really strange issue where an audio track is repeating itself in my timeline after export (I can't hear the glitch when playing back in Premiere Pro). This only seems to occur when I play music underneath video footage, the music fades out, and then there's a short gap between the next audio track I will hear the music repeating itself until the next audio track comes in. It doesn't always happen, just sometimes. Here's an example that you can hear around the 6 second mark:

Password: audio
https://vimeo.com/182721503

Here is what the timeline looks like:

It's happened in multiple projects, but not all projects. Any ideas what's causing this? I have a workaround where I can just add a muted audio track in between the gap, but I recently forgot to do this and almost sent the file to the client with the glitch, so I would like to solve the issue.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Issue with audio appearing out of nowhere
by on Sep 14, 2016 at 4:09:51 pm

In before Dave "Apocalypse!" LaRonde... ;)

What format is the audio? If it's some compressed format like mp3 try making a wav file out of it and trying with that. You can also try clearing your media cache if there has been some sort of indexing fib with the audio track.

Return to posts index

Mike SilvermanRe: Issue with audio appearing out of nowhere
by on Sep 14, 2016 at 5:19:57 pm

I originally had an MP4 file that I downloaded from Youtube and just used the audio track from it. I thought the same thing and converted it to AIFF but the issue is still happening. I will try clearing cache and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2016 at 3:54:42 pm

I tried clearing the cache and that seemed to have solved it. Any ideas why this was happening and how to prevent it in the future? Is there a way to set Premiere to automatically clear cache each day? Why do we even need cache? lol

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2016 at 7:42:41 pm

So it worked for the first few clips that I exported which previously had issues, but then the last clip still had the same issue. Also, it doesn't seem like it's just when audio files are used. I exported a clip of just video footage with audio from the camera's internal mic and I got the same issue. What could be causing this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]