ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sony A7s Noise

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob SandersonSony A7s Noise
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 1:20:19 pm

Hello,

Having a real problem, I borrowed a Sony A7s to film in some low light, I hadn't used it before so I got the owner to set it up for me, he said the footage would be clean up to ISO 8000 so thats what reset it up to. I shot at 100p which cut down the light a little more but it looked well exposed in the viewfinder. When reviewing the footage it is incredibly noisey. I've tried to tidy it up post but it's nowhere near clean.

Can anyone give me any advice? is there any way to denoise footage with premiere without buying a plugin?

here's a link to some of the footage (not even the worst) - https://vimeo.com/182539771

thanks for looking

Rob

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Sony A7s Noise
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 8:27:33 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 13, 2016 at 8:31:00 pm

After Effects has a noise reduction effect, but I have to warn you: it is S-L-O-W, slow!

Aaaah, the COW won't let me delete a bad post at the moment. I don't know if it will work for you -- the maximum frame rate in AE is 99 fps. Didn't you say you shot at 100 fps?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Sony A7s Noise
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 8:59:57 pm

[Rob Sanderson] "it looked well exposed in the viewfinder"

What you see in the viewfinder isn't what is actually recorded on the card. You won't see the compression that happens.

How does the footage look with a rec709 LUT? It seems that you shot in some sort of log format.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Sony A7s Noise
by on Sep 14, 2016 at 7:44:47 pm

Yeah that's SLOG for sure. Now is it SLOG2 or SLOG3? Use the default SLOG2(or3)- LS- PROFILE LUT in the color panel and see what you get.

(Preparing for "I don't see those in my options".)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]