ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Video Ghosting Repair

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan SudkampVideo Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 6:00:48 pm

Hello all, and thanks in advance.

Working on a project and noticed that one setup has some odd ghosting going on. It's showing up on every take on this setup and only this setup. The action here is the judge walking in and sitting down and as she moves across the frame a "ghost" of the chair briefly appears on her gown on her right shoulder, shown below.

Two questions, really:

1) What would cause this to happen?
2) What can I do in Premiere to fix it, if anything?

I don't *have* to use this shot, but I would like to, if It can be cleaned up some. I tried some basic Lumetri work to bring down the blacks, but the levels had to go down to extreme lows to get rid of the ghosting. And also, we would generally just like to get an idea of what may have caused it so we can avoid a similar situation in the future.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Video Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 9:44:34 pm

clear media cache

Return to posts index

Dan SudkampRe: Video Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 10:29:30 pm

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately this in in the raw footage itself. But thanks for the thought!

Return to posts index

Matt QuinnRe: Video Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 9:55:51 pm

My first thought is was there a piece of glass in the optical path? A filter? Barrier? - Protective plate in the matte box?

Return to posts index

Dan SudkampRe: Video Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 10, 2016 at 3:49:53 am

This was my best guess also - I have an e-mail out to the DP hoping for some info that might confirm that. As I continued to edit, I noticed the ghosting on a few other shots that were pointed at windows, which has me thinking an ND filter in a matte box is the culprit. A bummer, but I just went ahead with the edit and cut around the bad clips.

Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

Matt QuinnRe: Video Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 12, 2016 at 5:33:19 pm

Some boxes have a slot or holder for a plain protective glass at the front. - They can cause havoc, but if you're in a situation where a front element could get damaged, well what are you gonna do?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Video Ghosting Repair
by on Sep 12, 2016 at 7:10:41 pm

Looks to me like a kind of "lens flare". The light on the chair is bright enough that it causes a flare effect onto the judge's robe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]