ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro updates

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric MerkleinPremiere Pro updates
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 3:32:22 pm

Greetings.

It's my understanding that PP Pro updates have been patches. Is there a major update on the way?

Thanks much.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 4:04:07 pm

There's been a point upgrade and they've just shown the next big features at IBC.

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/unveiling-connected-creativity-ibc-re...

Return to posts index

Eric MerkleinRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 5:50:15 pm

Thanks for the info. Is the update available now, or is it coming out at a later date?

Thanks again.

E

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 9, 2016 at 7:54:57 pm

They haven't announced a date yet. And don't expect it to work flawlessly once it's available. Adobe has a less-than-stellar track record of getting things right the first time. It usually takes a couple-three bug fixes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Sep 9, 2016 at 8:04:38 pm

Thanks for the warning Dave. Feels like Avid all the way. I'll wait a few months after the release before I update.

Have a great weekend.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig HowardRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 10, 2016 at 5:59:36 am

There is "leading edge" and "bleeding edge" in these updates and "major" updates.

They roll out from Adobe regularly and its user choice how to manage them. Not easy but doable.

Its not compulsory to update..but waiting based on other experiences or cynicism can also be counter productive.

FWIW - I rarely to never have had any major issue (showstoppers) with updates. Currently running C 2015.4

That said - I would never update mid large project.

Win 10 CC2015.4 - (5 year old PC system stable and solid)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 10, 2016 at 5:52:48 pm

I'm glad you haven't had any deal-breaker problems. Perhaps you'd like to sha re your experiences in troublesooting with the users who DO have problems with updates.

They won't be hard to find.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2016 at 1:35:19 pm

Thank for the advice Craig. I guess I'm gun shy after so many years of Avid updates that had more bugs than fixes.

I hope the Premiere Pro updates have some basic changes, like having the option to see the length of my cuts embedded in the time line without having to mark in and out points.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2016 at 1:56:32 pm

[Eric Merklein] "I hope the Premiere Pro updates have some basic changes, like having the option to see the length of my cuts embedded in the time line without having to mark in and out points."

Use the info panel.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2016 at 2:17:25 pm

Good morning Tero and thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The info window does work, but I'm still hoping to get the length of an edit embedded in the time line. It saves key strokes, and when I'm editing to a click track in my head I can see my timing just by looking at the cuts in my timeline.

I hope too that Premiere Pro will make an edit "active" when you click on a cut and it's highlighted. Right now if you want to lift an edit, you have to highlight it then drag the blue locator to the same edit. So if I have 800 edits in my time line, edits, that adds up to a lot of extra key strokes.

Have a good week.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Sinjun BalabanoffRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 11, 2016 at 8:05:15 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping the next update makes things a bit snappier. the 2015 release has felt kind of laggy to me ever since it released.

sinjunb.com

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 12, 2016 at 4:06:39 pm

PPro just updated this morning. However, it still says CC 2015.4, the Welcome screen featured an ad when I restarted it, and now it won't start at all. I click on the desktop icon and nothing happens. Guess I'll have to do a system restore. Thanks again, Adobe!

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2016 at 4:33:23 pm

[Duke Sweden] "Guess I'll have to do a system restore."

Or you could try trashing the preferences before that.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Premiere Pro updates
by on Sep 12, 2016 at 7:06:52 pm

Well, I already did the system restore before I read your response, which worked, but does trashing preferences really delete an update?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]