ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to edit dual mono that's really stereo?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WithersHow to edit dual mono that's really stereo?
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 8:32:28 pm

Hi folks, here's a little conundrum I post about every 6 months but still no banana . . .
I have dual mono tracks recorded from an on-camera stereo mike originally imported into FCP7, then brought into Pr CC 2013 via XML.
I want to equalize them and change levels simultaneously, rather than by applying effects and key frames to one and copying it to the other.
I understand clips can be changed in the project panel but not once they are in the timeline.
And these are in a heavily edited sequence so I don't want to go back and recut the entire show.
These used to be easy to convert in FCP.

Speculations:
1. Edit channel 1 with keyframes and use Paste Attributes to apply the parameters to channel 2.
This works but is laborious and I can't _hear_ the change until I've done the two steps. So it's cutting deaf. (Worse than cutting blind.)
2. Send each channel to L and R of a submix. I understand the cool thing Pr does of making keyframes in real time in the mixer but I don't see the submix in the timeline so am not sure what I've done. Playing with muting and soloing to hear _only_ the submix but not sure that's what I'm hearing--you can't mute the master.
3. Something with a Match Frame edit? I've done heavy de-interlacing and up-rezing on this footage so not sure what would happen.

DISCLAIMER: I've been reading the Adobe pdf, the Jarle Leirpol pdf, Larry Jordan's stuff, looking at tutorials on different sites, searching the web, trying things out in Premiere. But I am not finding any answers to the specific questions posted above. That's why I have posted them

I would be very very grateful for any ideas.
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: How to edit dual mono that's really stereo?
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 8:51:08 pm

This has been my biggest gripe with Adobe...that I can't adjust keyframes on more than one track at a time. And when I have two...it's annoying. 5-10? everything grinds to a halt. The answers I get are "make a submix and do it there." No...that adds MORE tracks and is far more complex than it needs to be.

Mainly commenting to see if there is a good answer to this yet.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]