ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cow News DroidNews: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 2:00:00 pm

Virtual Reality, Character Animation, Advanced Collaboration, and 3D Innovations across After Effects, Premiere Pro, and more

(San Jose, CA--September 6, 2016) Adobe today revealed a series of innovations coming soon in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud in advance of IBC in Amsterdam. Keeping pace with high velocity content demands across both new and traditional platforms, Adobe will showcase advancements in VR, 3D, motion graphics and character animation supported by tools to deliver, measure and monetize TV and film content across multiple screens. At IBC, Adobe will demonstrate these advancements at Stand 7.G27 in the RAI Amsterdam Convention Center and at over 107 partner booths from September 9-13.

“Adobe is helping video creators of all kinds – from broadcasters and big movie studios to YouTubers and brands – create their best work,” said Bill Roberts, senior director of product management at Adobe. “As these stories take shape, ideas need to seamlessly move between tools, technologies and teams. Adobe’s multiscreen solution helps media companies connect with their audiences in a personalized way by delivering compelling experiences and adopting immersive capabilities such as 3D, VR and AR.”

Video editors from Hollywood to Sundance to YouTube are taking note of Adobe Creative Cloud, most recently Disney’s Pete’s Dragon, and through the work of next-generation creators like Smosh, RocketJump and SoKrispyMedia. Television networks are making history by bringing characters to life with Character Animator in The Simpsons and Cartoon Donald Trump on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Additionally, NBC Sports recently leveraged Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions to power the digital delivery of the 2016 Rio Olympics.

"I love keeping everything under one roof. I love the idea that it's all housed under one banner and that all the apps within Adobe Creative Cloud can talk to each other. And for all of my future projects I want to really explore that workflow. It's a really exciting sphere to be working within," said David Lowery, director of Disney’s Pete’s Dragon.

There's a lot of ground to cover, but here's an overview to get you started.

Driving the Future of VR, 3D and Animation

Expanding on the new VR features launched earlier this year, Adobe is unveiling additional innovation in the next release of Premiere Pro CC including auto-aware VR that seamlessly detects and applies the correct setting to stereoscopic and monoscopic media. Capabilities in Adobe Primetime empower media companies to capture the full potential of VR by building sustainable businesses and delivering premium viewing experiences. These include video playback support, dynamic ad insertion and content protection via Adobe’s Virtual Reality Digital Rights Management (VRDRM).

Rapidly accelerating 3D content creation, Adobe will showcase a 3D rendering engine which increases the pace and efficiency of 3D content generation. Artists can also now create editable 3D elements such as text and shape layers intuitively from within After Effects CC with new Cinerender technology from MAXON.

Puppet creation and animation with Character Animator, Adobe’s popular live motion-capture tool, will get even better with faster and easier through integrated round-trip functionality between Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Illustrator CC.

Powerful Integrated Workflows and Performance Enhancements

With Adobe Creative Cloud, post-production teams can move freely from application to application without interrupting the creative flow. New features in both Creative Cloud and Marketing Cloud let media companies and content creators engage their audiences more effectively across any screen:

Huge Productivity Gains (up to 6x faster) with Adobe Stock Video are reported in a new study by Pfeiffer Consulting, which compares using video with Adobe Stock and other stock services.

Performance improvements with real-time playback in a new After Effects video preview architecture lets users play raw footage in real-time, eliminating the need to cache before previewing footage. GPU-accelerated effects enable faster render compositions.

Refined Lumetri Color tools in Premiere Pro CC now provides HDR10 metadata support for editing and delivering HDR10 for new HDR-enabled TVs and displays, plus expanded support for color space metadata, providing greater precision for delivering brilliant imagery.

Destination Publishing to render and share video to Behance, the world’s largest creative community, is now possible along with YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

Better Captions and subtitles in Premiere Pro CC lets users easily create and fine-tune captions to enliven silent auto-play video previews on Facebook for higher engagement, target different languages or improve accessibility for hearing impaired viewers.

Actionable analytics in Adobe Analytics for Video allows users to measure streams instead of just video starts and stops, delivering a more comprehensive view of how videos are consumed.

Premium ad-supported viewing on connected devices is now supported in Adobe Primetime, allowing media companies to deliver quality and buffer-free experiences, while weaving content and ads together into a single stream.

Collaboration for Connected Teams

Adobe will showcase its new hosted collaboration service, Team Projects, to address the challenge of working with other editors and designers across multiple projects and tools. Built on Adobe Anywhere technology, Team Projects integrates deep collaboration features such as version control and smart conflict resolutions and allows editors and motion graphics artists to work simultaneously within Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, and Adobe Prelude CC.

Additionally, the data in Team Projects will be securely hosted in the cloud and media files referenced by Team Projects can be locally stored source files or shared lightweight proxies.

More Highlights

Adobe Premiere Pro & Media Encoder

Adobe After Effects

Additional Resources

Adobe Feature Reveal “What’s New?” and Datasheet

Adobe Feature Reveal Blog
Facebook: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, CC Video & Audio
Twitter: Creative Cloud, CC Video & Audio, Premiere Pro, After Effects
Blogs: Premiere Pro & Media Encoder, After Effects, Audition, Character Animator

Learn more about Creative Cloud Video

About Adobe
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit http://www.adobe.com.

© 2016 Adobe. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

###

Return to posts index

Steve ConnorRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 6:58:29 pm

I don't work in multi-user environments, but the "Teams" feature looks pretty cool!

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 7:08:30 pm

Some niceties in AE that should e been there since 1996. You can play back media! Holy cow!

I see no mention of any publishing features like Motion.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell@Steve Connor
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 8:36:09 pm

Team Projects is exactly what we've been hoping for - looks like a really clever and simple implementation.

Happy days!!

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 7:19:59 pm

[Bret Williams]:I see no mention of any publishing features like Motion.

Can you explain that a little more?

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:32:32 am

Ever since Adobe added text publishing to AE ( bringing its publishing up to par with Motion 4 and FCP 7 combo) I figured they were right on the cusp of assaulting the only solid advantage The Motion/FCP X combo had over AE/Premiere. I assumed CC 2015 would have s full-on publishing system. Seemed like the evolutionary path they were headed. Just imagine the plug-in 3rd party market explosion.

And unless I missed it, Indidnt see any mention of them expanding their publishing beyond the text publishing they currently have.

I know I'd convert my entire library of plugins and templates at http://BretFX.com over to AE. Ok, given there's only about 4! :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 7:29:19 pm

Oh be still my pounding heart. Will the new versions be more bulletproof that the porous CC 2015 software? Stay tuned.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 8:30:21 pm

Ae's interface looks good :) but I hope it will have some more design revisions before the official release. for example the lack of dividers in the timeline makes it hard to differentiate compositions. also hope they will abandon the Ray-Trace 3D renderer completely now that we can have the Cinema4D one that is supposed to do the same but better.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:37:09 pm

[Roei Tzoref] "...I hope it will have some more design revisions before the official release. for example the lack of dividers in the timeline makes it hard to differentiate compositions. also hope they will abandon the Ray-Trace 3D renderer completely now that we can have the Cinema4D one that is supposed to do the same but better."

I consider all that irrelevant to the 800-pound gorilla in the room -- whether the rewrite of the basic After Effects code has been completed, fully tested on multiple OS and hardware configurations, debugged, tested again and deemed to be bulletproof.

If that was the ONLY thing occupying the After Effects team's time, it would have been plenty. But I suspect the Adobe Marketing department holds greater influence than the people who write the code. The team has had to divide its time among several almost-meaningless features in addition to what I think is the REAL goal: software that actually works.

I will believe the claims of all the hype and puffery only when the new version has been out in the user base for a couple of months. That ought to give Adobe sufficient time to hang itself.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Roei TzorefRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 8:47:03 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "I consider all that irrelevant to the 800-pound gorilla in the room "

I support that too. but I think this will take longer then you would expect. I am sure the UI designer is not busy like the Program Designer. the latest version of Ae is the most stable and smooth for 2 years now. making a few dividers and some color adjustment will take so little of their time. making what you are asking will take much longer if at all possible.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde@Roei Tzoref
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 10:50:01 pm

As far as I know, the After Effects team totals 12 members. That's it. For everything. I'll let you worry about interface issues. I will continue to worry about software that may or may not work.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref@Dave LaRonde
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:26:29 pm

well, to argue with a cynic is a lost cause but I never claimed to save anybody. here goes:

saying Ae may not work is an overstatement. not to say simply false statement. it definitely works. actually, the fact is that Ae latest version works better and faster than any previous versions. (all respect to 2014 multiprocessing).

I know who the Team is, and you are wrong I can assure you - NOT 12 PEOPLE, more close to 50. that's not too much, but I can also assure you that interface and accessibility in the software is important not just for the team, but for many veteran users and I know that for a fact. some people actually love and are passionate about this software believe it or not, and navigating through it with ease and relaxed eyes is important almost as making it run a smooth playback.

you want to keep ranting - go ahead I won't stop you. things are looking up Dave just make sure you raise your head once and awhile so you could actually see them happening.

Return to posts index

Scott WitthausRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 9:22:22 pm

I would like it if they would make the friggin' updater work so each time I did an update it would not lose the fact that, yes, I have an account and, no, I do not need to start a 7 day trial.

That and the title tool in Premiere....just to name one.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:29:49 am

You forgot to mention cartoon Hillary Clinton in American Horror Story. Just to be fair.

Return to posts index

David MathisRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 12:20:49 am

I am seriously thinking of moving over to a Resolve and Fusion workflow after editing is done. The big reason? I have to say nodes. I much rather add effects to a single shot or even multiple shots using a node based workflow. I find it more fun, even a bit easier building that certain look. Much rather move nodes around then dig through all the effects to disable an effect or move it around. Not only that there are settings so I can make faster comparisons which is nice. I find the After Effects UI a bit clunky though some improvements have been made. For basic motion graphic work, mainly title sequences I choose Motion for now.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff@David Mathi
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:00:32 am

"I am seriously thinking of moving over to a Resolve and Fusion workflow after editing is done."

Of course you are, just like everyone else who has said similar.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell@David Mathi
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:27:59 pm

"The big reason? I have to say nodes."

Sigh....as a former discreet combustion evangelist....

what a diamond in the rough it was....
best of both. Layers and nodes.....
underfunded marketing and under staffed engineering...
the little engine that could.

I haven't spent time in Resolve....but I have spent some time in fusion. great VFX tool. Not sure about applying it to motion graphics work. I ran some test cases through it....and I just couldn't see it speeding up our workflow...let us know what you find.

good luck!

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

stephen dixonRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 2:07:19 pm

So I get to do some Cloud Stuff™ instead of having multiprocessor rendering working again? Oh goody.

Listen if I want to do cloud stuff I go home and look at Facebook. Oh, but I can't go home because I'm waiting for a friggin' render because only one of the 40 cores on my machine is being used at a time. This looks like Adobe is heading the same way as Apple: where the software just becomes a vending machine for content.

Stephen Dixon
Editor, Animator, Motionographer
Museum Victoria

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 3:44:27 pm

If I had to guess....

in order to give GPU effects and improved playback support features an update, it complicates passing data back and forth between GPU and CPU....so that's probably the root cause of why this has happened.

here is some good news:

"If you want to use Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously to speed up final rendering via the render queue, you can still do so by opening the project in After Effects CC 2014 (13.2)."

found here:
https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/features-not-available-in-after-effec...

So perhaps a bit clunky.....but not unworkable....

hope that helps....

Alex Udell

Return to posts index

Richard ThompsonRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 8, 2016 at 7:01:01 pm

I see no mention of improved QT support which went "native" in the last release. In that release, I have QT files that barely play on the timeline generated by some top--of-the-line equipment in the market today. Of course the equipment manufacturer pointed to Adobe. The renders from those files can seem jerky and have other artifacts. I thought I would give the latest release a chance on a new project and was ready to scream by the time I got finished, what with the native QT madness and other new "features".

I second the old refrain, "Stabilize your current code before screwing it up with something new."

Richard Thompson
T4 Media

Return to posts index

John PerezRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:01:06 am

Does anyone know if a 'Team Project' can be exported back to a normal PP or Ae project file, or once it's in the Cloud does it need to stay there?

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: News: Adobe Unveils Sweeping Feature and Performance Updates to Adobe Creative Cloud Applications at IBC 2016
by on Sep 16, 2016 at 9:02:04 pm

I don't see why you couldn't media browse into a Team Project like any other and import whatever assets you wanted into a non team project.

Alex Udell

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]