ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere settings. Set up and export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tessa GarlandPremiere settings. Set up and export
by on Sep 5, 2016 at 12:14:19 pm

Hi
I am making a short film to send away to film festivals with a friend. I am used to editing and working with HD video files shot at 25fps but these files are animations (CGI) created in Cinema 4D. The files are Quick Tiime 1080 x 1920 and have a frame rate of 30fps. I am using Premiere CC to edit.
I have two questions;
What sequence settings should I use and secondly what are the best output settings? I often send my work to film festivals with a frame rate of 25fps (I'm from the UK). Would this work the frame rate is 30fps -would this create a problem, particularly because I often get selected to be on showreels with other film makers, where frame rates will be different.

Apologies this is a basic question but my first animated work.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Premiere settings. Set up and export
by on Sep 5, 2016 at 6:20:36 pm

At the frame rate you mention, you may need to alter your presumed frame rate. If there is video included in the animation, the frame rate is almost surely 29.97 fps. You need to confirm this.
If there is NO video in this project, it is still wise to double-check the frame rate for delivery. 30 fps may soundd logical, but 29.97 is far more common.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tessa GarlandRe: Premiere settings. Set up and export
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 3:25:14 pm

OK thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]