ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Recover an unfinished export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim LemonsRecover an unfinished export
by on Sep 4, 2016 at 4:51:28 pm

Hey guys. I had a video exporting from premiere and near the end of the export the computer ran out of space. The source for the video was on an external HD and that HD has been formatted so the original source files are gone.

Is there any way to recover what was already exported? I have a file named, "090116ALL STAFF.4560.49428930561.m4v" and another one named, "090116ALL STAFF.4560.49428930561.aac" The m4v file is 16.66 gb and the .aac is 380 mb's so I know there has to be something in those files.

Any way of recovering what is there?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Pat HorridgeRe: Recover an unfinished export
by on Sep 5, 2016 at 8:09:04 am

Most likely they are corrupt files if the export failed. I presume they won't open? Even in VLC?
I can't imagine how a source file was dumped before the destination had been backedup and QC checked.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Recover an unfinished export
by on Sep 5, 2016 at 6:11:23 pm

I agree. Sorry to say it, but you are hosed. Please learn from this harsh lesson: storage isn't just storage, it's your lifeline.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Recover an unfinished export
by on Sep 5, 2016 at 6:34:17 pm

[Tim Lemons] "The source for the video was on an external HD and that HD has been formatted so the original source files are gone."

Why in the world would you delete your source footage before/at all before checking your exports? Wow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]