ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro cc 2015 .3 Custom Luts - on closing and reopening the project it changed all the luts randomly !!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ChucasPremiere Pro cc 2015 .3 Custom Luts - on closing and reopening the project it changed all the luts randomly !!!
by on Sep 4, 2016 at 1:35:23 am

I've used LIghtroom and Lattice to create custom Lut's much as you would with davinci resolve. I added them to the lumiti folder so that they were available in the drop down in the colour panel. After grading my whole seq saved it closed it and re opened it all the luts have changed. did it again and they changed again but to different ones again. Driving me nuts, I tried removing effects but on my multicam segments I applied the lut to the master clip so I had to. export xml import to AE ( then I had to manually add all my trans, and now I want to apply these luts ( .cube files) and it's not recognising the files. I also tried getting the timeline through speedgrade but it fails with errors. Has anyone had this problem. Only other piece of info I have on it is that I named all these lut files beginning with a ' 0 - ' as to have it at the beginning of the list. Running cc 15 latest as of sep 4th 2016. Soo annoying !!!!!

Director - Producer http://www.chrischucas.com

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Premiere Pro cc 2015 .3 Custom Luts - on closing and reopening the project it changed all the luts randomly !!!
by on Sep 4, 2016 at 2:13:28 am

Did you try saving your changes before closing PPro? Just kidding! I just wanted to reaffirm what I said in the post I just put up, that PPro seems to behave in different weird ways on different people's computers. Aggravating.

What I want to know is how you're working with the latest PPro CC2015.3 and Speedgrade. When I tried it neither would accept files worked on with the other program. I actually uninstalled Speedgrade because it is now useless. Unless it only does that on my PC. Just to bring things full circle ;-)

Return to posts index

Chris ChucasRe: Premiere Pro cc 2015 .3 Custom Luts - on closing and reopening the project it changed all the luts randomly !!!
by on Sep 4, 2016 at 6:16:17 pm

I couldn't import the project into speedgrade. Premiere recognised the luts that I made with Lattice, I saved them as .cube files but i didn't have the adobe variation toggled. So Speedgrade wouldn't have it. I exported the project into AE batch removed all effectssent it back . Then I copied that seq above itself and replaced it with ae comp using dynamic link. Then I had to open up each and every LUT in Lattice re save it with the adobe variation on the cube files. AE accepted that with the add lut effect. So that might work in Speedgrade but im not sure. This whole job is a complete nightmare. Its crashed on my even now and I have run out of options to grae this (using luts anyway) pretty annoyed with adobe this is a joke.

Spec ...

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4