ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Issues/questions exporting ProRes deliverable with 5.1+stereo audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eren OzkuralIssues/questions exporting ProRes deliverable with 5.1+stereo audio
by on Sep 2, 2016 at 8:41:51 pm

Hi all,
I've searched on here and the official Adobe forums but I haven't quite found the answer I was looking for.

I'm exporting deliverables and I've run into some issues/have some questions that I was hoping someone on here could help with.

My sequence is set to have multi channel audio with Number of Channels set to 8. (5.1+stereo L/R) The issue I have is that our files are 24bit 48 Khz MONO files (as they should be and the sequence audio setting is also 48 Khz) yet when I try to drag them into the MONO audio tracks, Premiere refuses to let me do it. I can only get the audio onto the timeline if using a STANDARD/STEREO track. Is there anything that could be causing this? Will using standard/stereo create problems with the export?

Also, I understand that I have to assign each track to an output channel (track 1 to channel 1, track 2 to channel 2 etc.) but before it gets to the export stage do I need to put each 5.1 track in the correct "space"/speaker? i.e patch the track through a 5.1 submix and then in the mixer assign track one (L) to the left speaker in the surround submix, track two (R) to the right speaker etc.? Or when I export the ProRes file just having the tracks/channels in the right order be enough?

Just to clarify I'm running on Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 on a 5K iMac (Yosemite). Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Issues/questions exporting ProRes deliverable with 5.1+stereo audio
by on Sep 3, 2016 at 5:27:09 am

[Eren Ozkural] "et when I try to drag them into the MONO audio tracks, Premiere refuses to let me do it."

Your sequence tracks probably aren't in mono. You'll need to make your sequence tracks mono or adaptive. Adaptive can hold stereo or mono.

https://larryjordan.com/articles/adobe-premiere-pro-audio-track-types/

[Eren Ozkural] "Or when I export the ProRes file just having the tracks/channels in the right order be enough?"

Yes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]