ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't export all audio with mixed sample rates

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin McCarthyCan't export all audio with mixed sample rates
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:29:10 pm
Last Edited By Kevin McCarthy on Sep 1, 2016 at 9:07:06 pm

The audio in my sequence is both 44.1 and 48k. I can hear all tracks when playing the sequence but when I try and export I only get the 48k tracks. When I switch my sequence settings to 44.1 I can only export the 44.1 tracks. Am I missing something simple?

Also is there a way to convert the 48 to 44.1 with in the app without having to export and relink?

EDIT: This is happening in all of my projects as of today. I checked some older exports of the same sequences and all the audio is there (both 44.1k and 48k)

Thanks!
Kevin

Premiere Pro CC
MacBook Pro
Intel Core i5
2.9 GHz

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Can't export all audio with mixed sample rates
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 11:25:17 pm

Gotta ask -- why 44.1? That's an older sampling rate. 48 is pretty much the standard these days.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthyRe: Can't export all audio with mixed sample rates
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 11:35:32 pm

The 44.1 clips are SFX and some music I've had for a while.

Kevin

Premiere Pro CC
MacBook Pro
Intel Core i5
2.9 GHz

Return to posts index

by on Sep 1, 2016 at 11:47:38 pm

I'd stick to 48 for exporting an edit from PP. Is the 44.1 stuff giving you any problems in a 48 sequence? If not, you're good to go.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Sep 2, 2016 at 2:01:51 pm

I've never had an issue before with mixed sample rates, it just started yesterday. Not sure if I changed a setting unknowingly. The sequence plays fine in Premiere, it's the export that doesn't have all the audio. If my seq is set to 48k only the 48k audio exports. If the seq is 44.1 only the 44.1 will export. I've tried exporting bot as 44.1 and 48k and it still has the same problem.

Kevin

Premiere Pro CC
MacBook Pro
Intel Core i5
2.9 GHz

Return to posts index

by on Sep 2, 2016 at 2:34:33 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not allowed at work to run the latest PP, but I bet you do. I can only offer a workaround -- use AME to convert the 44.1 files to 48. You can make the preset (if one doesn't exist already), set up a watch folder & destination folder using that preset, then copy the 44.1 into the watch folder. AME will batch convert them... and very quickly. You'll have to replace the files in the timeline, I'm afraid.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Sep 2, 2016 at 2:39:56 pm

Thanks for the help. I was hoping to find a solution that didn't require converting than relinking/replacing the files. It's odd though how it just started happening.

Kevin

Premiere Pro CC
MacBook Pro
Intel Core i5
2.9 GHz

Return to posts index

by on Sep 2, 2016 at 4:06:42 pm

The latest PP version... well, let's be charitable here, it has odd problems that don't show up for a while. I get this from other people's reports, not personal experience.

Incidentally. the same "out of the blue" oddness manifests itself in other applications in the latest version of Creative Cloud.

I hope someone with some real experience in this version can help you out,

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]