ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PP 2015.3 Possible Graphics Card bug?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will DuncanPP 2015.3 Possible Graphics Card bug?
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 8:39:12 pm
Last Edited By Will Duncan on Aug 31, 2016 at 11:13:59 pm

I skimmed the forum as best as I could, a few of the bug threads have a lot of different problems in them. But this one I haven't seen. Only 1 of the 3 edit bays working on this project is having the issue. All machines are late 2013 Mac Pro's with D700 cards running OS X 10.11.6

It's not 100% of the time, but about 30%, when we scrub the timeline, half the preview playback starts to go crazy.

Has anybody seen this happening? It's doing it in Premiere, Source or Program playback.

The second computer has it's own set of quirks in multicam editing where my head wants to explode.

The third machine appears to be fine. So far.

Return to posts index

Tom LaughlinRe: PP 2015.3 Possible Graphics Card bug?
by on Sep 13, 2016 at 9:48:20 pm

This can be a graphics card issue. Adobe is no longer supporting certain cards, so they have a supported card list, I'd check that out. Also, make sure your graphics card driver is up to date, or CUDA driver, but be careful, as some CUDA drivers, from what I've experienced, if not the right driver with the right card, with the right OS, with the right version of Premiere, causes issues, so you almost have to find the sweet spot for your computer, but this can also be a lack of enough ram to run your card as hard as you want it to run. Older Macs like my 2009, now have 64GB ram, just to help if needed, with 4-6K playback. Check ram or add more ram. Test your Premiere Pro playback with "GPU-Acceleration" turned ON, and then OFF. This has helped a ton of people out, simply by unchecking this option. I have it tuned off at the moment. Certain edits are fine with or without it turned on. Depends on your computer's playback and response. The one thing I am thinking though, your graphics card could either be bad, going bad, or the power supply is not getting enough power to the card, to keep it fully powered, causing intermittent hickups or lag in playback. If you are in a huge delemma, turn "GPU-Acceleration" turned OFF, and trouble-shoot your card later, pop it out, and see if it is doing the same thing in another machine. Best of luck on this. My solution last year for me when this happened was to pull out my Mac Nvidia Quadro 4000, and slam in a GTX-770, for now, so far so good.

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]