ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multi-Cam every clip that I shot has it's own track, can this be condensed?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel GrixtiMulti-Cam every clip that I shot has it's own track, can this be condensed?
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 2:24:02 pm

Hi there,

I am editing a large multi-cam shoot (4 days, 4 camera, 5 hours each camera, multiple clips). I am going through all the standard motions of creating a multi-cam source sequence, but when I open it in my timeline each clip has been given it's own dedicated track. Because I have a vast amount of clips, this means a vast amount of tracks! So when I am viewing with a multi-cam window, there are many tiny thumbnails to look at. There are only four cameras to I only should have four thumbnails.

Does anyone know how to create a multi-cam sequence so that each camera will be given it's own track, rather than each clip?

Thanks!
Dan

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Multi-Cam every clip that I shot has it's own track, can this be condensed?
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 3:38:52 pm

[Daniel Grixti] "Does anyone know how to create a multi-cam sequence so that each camera will be given it's own track, rather than each clip?"

You can't create them but you can fix them. Once the multicam source has been created right click and choose "open in timeline." The multicam will open as a regular timeline. Now just go through your timeline and consolidate all the clips for each camera on a single track - making sure you don't slip out of sync as you move vertically among the tracks.

It would be nice if Ppro understood that all the clips from the same source should be aligned on the same track, but it doesn't. The fix is easy enough to do so I guess there isn't a lot of pressure on Adobe to fix this.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Multi-Cam every clip that I shot has it's own track, can this be condensed?
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 3:56:53 pm

[Daniel Grixti] "Does anyone know how to create a multi-cam sequence so that each camera will be given it's own track, rather than each clip? "

It's been a repeated feature request of mine but it obviously hasn't come to pass yet. It seems like an easy enough thing to implement, but I don't code for a living...

[Herb Sevush] "The fix is easy enough to do so I guess there isn't a lot of pressure on Adobe to fix this."

It's all fun and games until you have a doc or reality gig that routinely gets you 40 or 50 video tracks that have to be 'shrunk' down to 2 or 3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]