ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

ProRes 422 (HQ) exports appear to have a gamma shift

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan TurnerProRes 422 (HQ) exports appear to have a gamma shift
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 11:41:57 pm

I am exporting some CG elements on a very light backdrop. I am rendering out of Premiere ProRes422 (HQ). The background is not white in the rendered QTs, very grey. I'd say about 20% darker.

Any suggestions or fixes for this? I have about 95 renders and need to solve this.

Thanks for any and all help.
-Ryan

Return to posts index

Oliver PetersRe: ProRes 422 (HQ) exports appear to have a gamma shift
by on Aug 27, 2016 at 1:31:26 am

What are you making this judgement based on? The video in Premiere in the viewer window versus the export playing in Premiere? If so, they probably won't match. What is the end target for your exports? Can you use another format?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Ryan TurnerRe: ProRes 422 (HQ) exports appear to have a gamma shift
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 1:40:37 pm

I am looking at the original PNG sequence and the rendered file from PremierePro opening both in QT to compare.

I did figure out a solve last night which was using ProRes4444 rather than 422HQ. I upped the bit depth from 48 to 64 and added an adjustment layer with the gamma adjusted by .10. This work around seems to have solved the issue. I tried the same adjustment layer solve with 422 but the results were not nearly as good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]