ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Shortcuts and one other issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fielding MellishShortcuts and one other issue
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 1:08:42 am

Hey all. Unfortunately the support chat team dude was moderately useless and mediocre on what seems to be three simple issues:

1. I created a shortcut for the audio pan tool which of course totally needed, at least for me. It just doesn't work and I could of sworn at one point it did. I actually have to manually adjust pan which is a pain in the butt. When I search for pan in the keyboard search bar, the shortcut does indeed appear but no go on using it. Not sure why. I'll even go back to whatever Premiere Pro default is for these tools. Anyone run into this problem? The fella then surmised that there is no shortcut for the audio tool which is hard to believe. I also asked that if there indeed is no shortcut , is there someway I can adjust pan with a click or a prompt here or there automatically. Even Avid, which is crap compared to premiere pro, can at least do a global set for pans and volumes per track. Thoughts anyone?

2. Connected to the above is if there is a way to drill down in the keyboard search to find out exactly where the above shortcut and the tool path exists in this keyboard shortcut feature. When I am in it and do a search for 'pan', my shortcut does indeed come up, but simply under 'applications' and not stepped down further to the correct path. The fella also said this is impossible. Blah blah blah. A waste of time frankly. Anyone have any ideas? Keyboard mapping so 'key' for me (ha! I made a pun!).

3. I encounter a different frame size between my program and clip monitors. Program monitor image scales up to about 150%. Very odd. Is there a project or sequence setting I am missing aside from right clicking the sequence and hitting 'adjust frame size'? That fixes it although still leaves a very thin black crop on left and right side of frame.

I'm new to premiere pro but am familiar with after effects. I'm learning the tricks of what is so far a great application compared to avid, especially the title tool!

Thanks everyone

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Shortcuts and one other issue
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 1:00:27 pm

Hi there. When you say shortcut I am thinking you are referring to a keyboard shortcut to audio panning, as opposed to creating effect presets. If you want to be able to simply drop quick settings onto a clip, an effect preset is the way to go.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Fielding MellishRe: Shortcuts and one other issue
by on Aug 26, 2016 at 1:19:09 pm

Thanks. I did mean keyboard shortcut. Maybe there is audio effect that handles pan and if so, great! I'll use that and save it.

As for my original post I looked and realized it was a novel. Waaay too long. Sorry about that folks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]