ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Multi-cam editing in Premiere Pro- audio/video filters go away after flattening multi-cam clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Theresa DesaMulti-cam editing in Premiere Pro- audio/video filters go away after flattening multi-cam clip
by on Aug 25, 2016 at 11:06:14 pm

Hi there,

I'm working in Premiere Pro 2015 CC with multi-cam clips. Setting up and working with the multi-cam clips have all been fine, but once I go to flatten the clips, any audio filters or video motion filters added to the multi-cam clips go away. Am I just not supposed to add crossfades or change motion until I flatten the clips?

Return to posts index

Will DuncanRe: Multi-cam editing in Premiere Pro- audio/video filters go away after flattening multi-cam clip
by on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:41:48 pm

I spend 1/3 of my year doing large multicam Premiere projects (up to 24 cameras in one multicam), and my general rule of thumb is to get editors to build a line cut and ditch the multicam. I can always go back to it and grab changes I want and lay them on top of the timeline at a later time. But once timing is close we squash it.

We use Premiere and take it over to Resolve for color, so I have them flatten everything prior to color and then drop all effects, graphics and transitions onto the timeline once we have that finished.

Any time editors get too far ahead, put graphics and start making audio tweaks, etc...we just end up in a world of technical troubleshooting and we have to go in, create a new sequence, copy it over, blow everything away and then flatten.

Maybe I've been way off the mark, but I've met a handful of people working in a manner similar to myself. So for now, I'll stick to what works.

It has been getting better over the last 3 years though. Sans last year final exports kept having popping audio and Adobe wouldn't fall on their own sword and admit it was a bug.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]