ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

No audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah DaviesNo audio
by on Aug 24, 2016 at 9:33:43 am

Hi All,

I'm completely new to APP and have just been messing around with some tutorials. I have some clips that were filmed on an Iphone that i need to edit. I ave imported my files in to pp ready to edit, however there is no audio with them. I can play the raw footage in media player and hear the sound, but when imported to pp there doesn't seem to be any? Does anyone know what i could be doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: No audio
by on Aug 24, 2016 at 12:54:15 pm

Does the timeline show an audio track? If not, highlight an audio track by clicking on it so it turns blue, then try dragging a file to the timeline.

The only other thing I can think of, and it's happened to a few of us, is that you have to set the audio hardware in preferences. When you play a clip does the audio meter on the left show that there is audio? If so go to edit>preferences>audio hardware. At the top there's a dropdown called Device Class. Try changing that. Try changing the other 3 settings. Sometimes they default to other devices that don't play through your speakers. Remember, only do this if the audio meter and the audio track in the timeline show that there should be audio.

In the meantime, one of the more technical among us will probably come along and give you instructions you can actually understand ;-)

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: No audio
by on Aug 24, 2016 at 7:39:24 pm

From what I see frequently on Adobe forum postings, the iPhone records using a Variable Frame Rate, and Premiere does not like VBR clips. Convert the raw clips to a standard 29.97 frame rate using the free HandBrake software, then use the new, converted clips in Premiere to edit with

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]