ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Footage won't sync correctly (different frame rates)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake DavisFootage won't sync correctly (different frame rates)
by on Aug 22, 2016 at 8:11:26 pm

Here is the situation:
Client wants me to edit teaching video with:
DSLR Footage 1- 23.976fps
DSLR Footage 2- 23.976fps
Screen Recording 1 (PC)- 30fps
Screen Recording 2 (Mac)- 30fps

I selected the two screen recordings and did Modify>Interpret Footage and changed them to 23.976

When I create a multi-cam sequence to sync everything together, the two DSLR cameras and the PC screen recording all sync together fine.
For some reason the MAC screen recording does NOT match up, at all.

I tried manually syncing in/out points using the Rate Stretch tool, but all the footage in the center is out of alignment with the rest of the project.

This make no sense to me. Any thoughts or advice on how to match all of this footage together?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Footage won't sync correctly (different frame rates)
by on Aug 22, 2016 at 9:55:58 pm

Try using another application (like After Effects( to correct the frame rate on the Mac footage, then export a new file.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Blake DavisRe: Footage won't sync correctly (different frame rates)
by on Aug 23, 2016 at 12:09:24 am

Thanks Dave, I've ended up individually exporting the screen-capture footage as new 24.976 files for the first lesson. This is working, but triples my render times for the remainder of the project (15 more lessons) :-/ It's a 'last resort' option and I'm still hoping I can find something that doesn't involve rendering wholly new files.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Footage won't sync correctly (different frame rates)
by on Aug 23, 2016 at 2:50:19 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 23, 2016 at 5:18:08 pm

Obviously it will be best if you can standardize on a single frame rate. I would start there. I would also scrutinize the screeen capture software being used very closely. Two different platforms... two different capture applications... lots of room for incmpatibilities.

I haven't kept up with screen capture software, but I've heard some consumer-level applications will capture in variable frame rates.... which is total garbage for a video editing application.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]