ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to use (or not) the Titler

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WithersHow to use (or not) the Titler
by on Aug 21, 2016 at 6:13:49 pm

Hello all,
I'm finally starting to understand the Titler a little, but I'd love to learn more from experienced users. I understand the Titler doesn't make files or clips, even though the titles look like clips in the project panel that you can place on the timeline. They seem to be some sort of Effect that is incorporated into the project file. I'm puzzling over four things and would like feedback on any of them.
1. Is there a way to set/match durations of individual titles on the timeline other than dragging one side in the timeline? I see a Background Video Timecode number in the Titler but nothing about duration.
2. It would be convenient to open the Titler with a shortcut key rather than clicking on a title in the Timeline or Project Panel. And switch to other panels from the Titler rather than clicking on them. Can't seem to do it.
3. The Titler Window seems to consist of about 5 different tabs. Is there a way to drag the whole Titler Window to fit somewhere in the interface. I seem to be able to drag separate tabs but not the whole Window. Is there a way?
4. Maybe most important, are there reasons not to use the Titler in Pr but rather create titles in AE, for example, and import and edit them as clips? Am I adding to the render load for a project by using Titler?
Thanks for any thoughts . . .
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: How to use (or not) the Titler
by on Aug 21, 2016 at 7:25:02 pm

For 3: 3: Undocked frames and moved them around leaving a gap on one screen. Moved the Title frame with all its panels into the gap.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]