ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to import audio file with track recorded as separate wav files in pjt folder

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexi VanderstraetenHow to import audio file with track recorded as separate wav files in pjt folder
by on Aug 20, 2016 at 3:36:13 am

Dears,

I received a project for which the audio was recorded in folder containing one wav file for each audio track.
When I try to import this into Premiere, it recognizes them as separate files. Avid links them together as one file.
I must be missing an option somewhere to make it happen but have been searching on several forums and google without answers.

I really don't want to have to merge all those files as it will take me hours of work for nothing.

Help please!

Config: PC, Win10, Creative Cloud.

Return to posts index

Alexi VanderstraetenRe: How to import audio file with track recorded as separate wav files in pjt folder
by on Aug 20, 2016 at 7:41:00 am

Quick update:
I mentioned Avid because last week I was able to do so in the same situation on another project. Now that I actually tried in Avid with this project, it doesn't work as well.
Worst, my initial thoughts were to merge all the file then merge those merged file with the video but it's impossible. Premiere doesn't allow to merge file with other merged file.

Anyone has an idea how to get out of this dead end?

Return to posts index

Alexi VanderstraetenRe: How to import audio file with track recorded as separate wav files in pjt folder
by on Aug 21, 2016 at 3:44:36 am

Figured out a way to do it.
Importing each take as 4 different wav files, merge those four files, export the merged file as a new wav file and then import that wav file to sync it with the video.
It's a pain, it takes more time but it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]