ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

12 Channel Multiclip Source

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
asher lewis12 Channel Multiclip Source
by on Aug 19, 2016 at 5:24:12 am

Hi All,

And thank you in advance for your kind support.

I've got a shoot I just wrapped with 3 cameras and 12 audio channels. I have everything synced up in a sync-map sequence in Premiere. What I'm trying to do is load this sequence into the source monitor, and utilize it as a multi clip, overwriting the multi-cam video (as embedded three cams) into V1 and with it, cut in the 12 audio channels.

I've enabled multi-cam in the source monitor, but when I got to cut it in (even though I've modified the sequence audio channels to 12) it's dropping in 12 channels with every other channel empty (a2, a4, a6) or with all channels reading Ch 1 and Ch 2 from the source sequence.

I've confused myself beyond recognition trying everything I can think of - any aid is appreciated!!

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: 12 Channel Multiclip Source
by on Aug 19, 2016 at 9:49:17 pm

First of all, what version of Ppro are you using.

Second, what is a "sync-map sequence"?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

asher lewisRe: 12 Channel Multiclip Source
by on Aug 19, 2016 at 10:08:34 pm

I'm on the latest 2015 release .

The 'sync map' is the sequence I have out of Plural Eyes;

All the video layers (of the 3 cameras) are aligned and sync'd - and the audio sources match.

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: 12 Channel Multiclip Source
by on Aug 19, 2016 at 11:13:01 pm

[asher lewis] "The 'sync map' is the sequence I have out of Plural Eyes;"

My first bit of advice would be to forget about Plural Eyes and create your multicam sources directly within Ppro, unless you have very simple audio requirements, because for anything with complex audio you will need access to the options within the "Make Multicam" dialogue box. Select your clips in the order you want them to appear in the grid, right click and choose "Make Multicam" and then a dialogue box will open up. At the top it will give you the option to sync via Timecode, Audio or In Point - choose the one you want. The next important item is in the audio section - where you have to choose between "Camera 1" "All cameras" & "Switch Audio." If you recorded audio on a separate multitrack recorder that has all 12 channels of your audio, then choose "Camera 1". If you recorded audio on your Camera clips, then my suggestion would be to choose "All Cameras". All other choices on the menu can be left at the defaults.

Once your clip is created you then have to make a new timeline to edit into. This new timeline only needs to be 2 channels if your final output is stereo, you don't need 12 channel output just because you have 12 channels of input. Make sure you have 12 audio tracks (as opposed to 12 channels) and then when you load the multicam clip into the source viewer you will have the ability to record to 12 tracks on your timeline.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]