ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Using layers for an 80's pastiche

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward GrovesUsing layers for an 80's pastiche
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 2:55:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I had filmed an 80's pastiche parody of an old Human League track - Human. I'm sure a lot of you know it.

Anyway I'm editing in Premiere Pro CS6 and have used previous versions basically for years. I have been attempting to mimic the look of the original (see link above) I have made same changes, such as replacing the water theme for a smoke theme.

A few issues I have are

1) the subjects are shot on Sony FS100 and using a greenscreen. So smoke is all stock footage. I am using a background smokey effect of various sources. The subject as the middle video track and another smokey foreground. I am struggling with what the best blend modes to use are. I am also struggling witht the correct order in which to lay footage on each video track i.e. 1, 2 & 3. I have also added a blue matte to add a blue generic hue to all of the footage together.

Some of the shots look great, others look too washed out. Not sure how to properly do the layering. Currently I have the subjects on vid track 1, and stock footage above. They dont seem to be in a consistent order though.

2) My subjects are shot well but the outline of their heads and bodies are a bit too sharp. How can I blur just these edges without blurring the whole subject? I have tried copy pasting the footage into the vid track above and using a gaussian blur. I wondered if their was a better way. Also my footage subjects faces have a lot more lines/wrinkles in them. Whereas the human league are completely smooth. Is this something I can tackle in post?

3) was hoping to colour correct in DaVinci resolve but exporting AAF doesnt seem to work as it wont export some of my plug in video effects such as the CI feather crop I found online (which has been a massive help).

Would be great to hear your thoughts

Cheers,

Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]