ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

13 hours and STILL not encoded!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden13 hours and STILL not encoded!
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 10:27:54 am

This is getting ridiculous. This latest video I'm making is probably the lightest I've made. Only 2 green screen segments, with background jpgs saved as TIFF's, and some short applause and laugh tracks. I tried setting bitrate at TWO!!! just to complete an encode, but the thing hangs up around half way through (after taking about 5 hours to get there) and then doesn't move, as the "time left" ticks upward instead of down. After 13 hours I gave up.

I tried encoding as a JPEG2000. That took about 5 hours but there's no video, only audio. This is getting extremely frustrating. My previous 3 videos had a lot more going on and didn't take more than 4 hours to encode. Any suggestions? btw, the length of this video is only 5 minutes.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: 13 hours and STILL not encoded!
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 10:41:40 am

[Duke Sweden] "Any suggestions? "

If you haven't changed your workflow then the problem might be with your hardware. Check the computer for dust accumulation and busted caps. Dust in fans will overheat your CPU/GPU and bring the performance down because it can't cool. If there's broken/leaky components on the motherboard then you'll need to get a new one.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: 13 hours and STILL not encoded!
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 10:52:07 am

Thanks for responding so quickly and so early in the morning, Tero. But here's another thing about me. I'm a neat freak. I keep my place clean as a whistle, and in fact when I added an HDD about a month or so ago, when I opened my desktop it was spotless.

Not sure what "caps" are so I don't know what a busted one would look like. If I really do need a new motherboard I may as well go for a whole new workstation with the components you guys always suggest for me. There's no point in getting this one back to where it was, since that wasn't all that great to begin with.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2016 at 11:04:06 am

[Duke Sweden] "so early in the morning"

It's like 2 pm in Finland

[Duke Sweden] "Not sure what "caps" are"

Capacitors. The small cylindrical components on electronics. If they're bulging or leaking then you have a problem.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2016 at 12:30:49 pm

Ah, Finland. Land of the Rising Sun, right? ;-)

Caps, yes, like the giant capacitor that blew on my 4 year old central A/C unit last month, costing me $360.00! Pesky things, those capacitors.

As a follow up, I had a jpg I didn't even realize I hadn't converted. And it was in color, which I was desaturating and "tinting" to black and white. I opened it in photoshop, converted to B&W, saved as a tiff file, and replaced the jpg (which is used many times throughout the video). I also "Scale to frame size" 'd the green screen videos, and it appears the encode will now only take 2 hours or so.

And you wanted me to buy a new computer. Amateur! ;-) Thanks again, Tero. You guys, I'm tellin' ya. The best.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2016 at 12:51:41 pm

Troubleshooting is the most important skill one should learn with these kind of things.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2016 at 1:28:15 pm

Yeah, most of my working life I was a trouble shooter, from office equipment, to coding. I'm pretty good at it, but I always have to first make a fool of myself by putting up posts crying for help. Then, I go to work ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]