ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Syncing audio to video when video has no audio. Got that?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Syncing audio to video when video has no audio. Got that?
on Aug 17, 2016 at 1:02:47 pm

I am in the process of making another of my stupid videos. Since the sound is important on this one I used my Tascam audio recorder to record the audio. I had a boom mic hooked up to my G7 to make sure I had a good signal to sync to. Unfortunately I forgot to turn on the mic!!!

So, I have video with absolutely no audio, and a nice clean audio file. Is there anyway short of just eyeballing it, to get the audio file in sync with the video? Another problem is, given my "state of the art" workstation, the playback is so choppy, even with proxies, that it's almost impossible to eyeball it, so all I can really do is line it up and render out a scene to see if it's synced, but the scenes are over a minute long with green screen so it takes like 5 hours to encode even with bitrate set to 4, and if it's off I have to do it all over again.

Any tips or shortcuts? Or should I just re-shoot the scenes? They never come out as good as the first time so I'm dreading having to do that.

Help!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Syncing audio to video when video has no audio. Got that?
on Aug 17, 2016 at 3:15:34 pm

You could go to sleep and hope that gremlins come during the night to do your work eyeball syncing... Or, you can do it yourself. PluralEyes requires an audio guide track recorded on the video clips, so eyeball syncing is your only choice.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]