ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

UPDATED to PREMIERE 2015.3 and AE 2015.3 and lost all the AE links on my Premiere timeline!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew WallUPDATED to PREMIERE 2015.3 and AE 2015.3 and lost all the AE links on my Premiere timeline!!!!
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 5:47:44 pm

So I just finished a big broadcast project. Delivered. Done. Then I updated my Adobe Apps via Creative Cloud.

Opened a project in Premiere 2015.3 I was working on previously that had some AE elements (linked to an AE sequence) on the timeline and now they're offline!! Not only are they offline but when you try and re-link to the original AE project it refuse to accept "Okay". You can find it to relink but no matter how many times you hit Okay with your mouse nothing happens!

Further to this when I try to send a clip to AE to "Replace with an AE composition" it now says "The importer reported a generic error". OMG!!!!!

This cloud update has messed up one of the most invaluable tools for me. CAN ANYONE HELP?? ANYONE HAVE A FIX??

Mr Angry Pants.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: UPDATED to PREMIERE 2015.3 and AE 2015.3 and lost all the AE links on my Premiere timeline!!!!
by on Aug 17, 2016 at 3:01:07 pm

Have you opened the original AE project in the new version of AE yet?

Return to posts index

Andrew WallRe: UPDATED to PREMIERE 2015.3 and AE 2015.3 and lost all the AE links on my Premiere timeline!!!!
by on Aug 17, 2016 at 5:29:36 pm

Yes. Opened up. It's fine... just can no longer replace with AE sequence nor can I relink from Premiere timeline.

AW

Return to posts index

yves mignonRe: UPDATED to PREMIERE 2015.3 and AE 2015.3 and lost all the AE links on my Premiere timeline!!!!
by on Aug 21, 2016 at 2:18:35 pm

I had something similar happen after I upgraded. Try opening premiere from the creative cloud app/screen. For some reasons this fixed it. once i'm done with this monster project I'm working on I will do a clean reinstall, but for now this works.

Return to posts index

Andrew WallRe: UPDATED to PREMIERE 2015.3 and AE 2015.3 and lost all the AE links on my Premiere timeline!!!!
by on Aug 22, 2016 at 7:05:06 pm

Uninstalled both completely now and re-installed. (Plus there was another update since!)

THEY WORK NOW!

Thanks for the advice!

AW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]