ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dani PerezAudio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 7:46:21 am

I'm getting this message every time I upload to Youtube:

"The video you uploaded may have audio/video sync issues. Please refer to this article for advice on how to correct this issue should it arise."
(The article simply explains the settings that Youtube recommends.)

However, when I export from Premiere Pro, I always select the preset "Youtube 1080p HD" under the format "H.264." I've compared the preset's settings to what Youtube recommends and it seems to line up.
Hence, you'd think everything should be fine. However, the quality warning comes up every time for me.

Is there something else I may be doing wrong? And is anyone else coming across this strange problem?

That said, there are no sync issues once I play back the video after it's been uploaded on Youtube. But why would Youtube detect a potential issue when all my export are supposedly custom set to Youtube's preferred settings?

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 3:54:29 pm

I have found sometimes, in multi-cam shoots for example, that I'll get this notification when in fact there's no issue. I think it might be generated by instances where we cut to a reaction shot during an interview where the person still talking is offscreen.

It's a guess, but it's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Dani PerezRe: Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:32:31 am

It's a fantastic guess. I do have unlinked lines of talking that spread across multiple shots. And it's only since I've started editing this way that the message comes up. I think you got it, Jon. I can sleep soundly again haha

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 4:18:25 pm

Automatic QC is bad because it can't know if there actually is a problem. It's just telling you there might be one.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:27:07 am

Makes sense, thank you Tero.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 4:52:04 pm

If you want to make double-dog sure things will be okay, just play it safe!

Export your timeline in a bulletproof media container & codec. I suggest exporting a quicktime in Photo JPEG, JPEG 2000... or ProRes if you have it.

Then play the exported file in a viewer. Look & sound okay? Export for YouTube.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:47:53 am

That's what bugged me though, that I would have to do more exporting than simply Premiere's Youtube settings. I would like to think that Adobe's developers got their presets right, so that no such warning might come up at the upload process. But what you said would definitely make for an extremely lossless, unshakeable file. I'm glad to glean from your knowledge, Dave. Thank you

Return to posts index

Lee OverstreetRe: Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:40:58 am

I've been archiving old home videos and uploading them to YouTube (using PP CC's YouTube SD 480p H.264 export), and I get this message every time too despite there being no apparent problem. No complex edits, just simple cuts and some titles. I just figured it was something odd in the signal from the ol' VHS and VHS-C tapes, but now who knows. I choose to ignore it like my "check engine" light. ;-)

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:53:57 am

Dang it haha. Just when I thought we were onto a solid answer. I think I give up, too!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Audio/Sync issues on Youtube but my settings are perfect?
by on Aug 17, 2016 at 1:05:52 pm

I brought this up long ago. It's youtube. It actually started after I upgraded to 2015 from cc 2014 so I thought it was a bug in Premiere Pro, but it's youtube. Just ignore it. I've put up test videos for my own private usage which consisted of one scene with original audio, impossible to be out of sync, and I still get that message.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]