ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Music audio, enchance dynamics

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren MichaelsonMusic audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 2:51:09 pm

Hey,

How can I make my audios loud parts more louder and silent part more silent? I want to edit a clip of piano music. I tried the effect, "Dynamics", but this is not a good tool: the audio always ends up sounding unnatural and bad. Maybe something in adobe audition, although I am not so familiar with that program.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 10:23:30 pm

You can always keyframe the audio levels, which is pretty easy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lauren MichaelsonRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 9:18:39 am

keyframe, no. It would not be consistent enough and would require an awful amount of work.

There must be some tool that does this simply. If you can imagine an audio and its waveform, or whatever u call its picture u get, and make it more exaggerated, so it looks more spikey. That is what I think would create the effect I am looking for

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 16, 2016 at 5:33:38 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 16, 2016 at 10:08:51 pm

Well, you're searching for an automatic solution to audio changes you want to make subjectively. I don't think you're going to have much luck with that -- there isn't much software out there with the ability to read minds.

Audition will do a great job of this, and even easier than PP... but again, it won't be automatic. You have to keyframe it yourself.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lee OverstreetRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:59:19 am

I think what Lauren is looking for is to expand the dynamic range of an audio clip in general. I'm not in front of my editing computer right now, but I'm pretty sure under the dynamics processing effect in Audition you can select an expander preset and tweak that as you wish, or design one. When I'm not on this notebook PC I can look more specifically. You'd basically be doing the opposite of what I've done at times to try and tame dramatic peaks. So yeah, look under dynamics processing for an expander.

Return to posts index

Lauren MichaelsonRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 28, 2016 at 8:28:40 pm

The expander sets a threshold limit, which is not what I want.

What I want is like this, Ill try to describe it, or what I think what I want. So, you have the, what do you call it, sorry Im a complete noob, its the picture of an audio clip, looks like a spiky long thing. Its the waveform? Anyway, if you can understand what I mean, it is spiky and the spikes indicate louder noises and the lower parts indicate more quiet passages. So my whole idea is, if you exaggerate this waveform or what you call it, then it will look much more spikey. So the spikes grow bigger and the lower parts grow lower.

This is a really simple concept, right? There must be some king of automatic way to do this. this would make a uniform change in the dynamics as far as I can imagine and think.

Ok, thanks for answering my stupid questions, Im a complete idiot if you didn't figure out already, so thanks for your patience

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 28, 2016 at 11:01:21 pm

Hey, there's only room for one complete idiot around here and I've got that job for life!

In the meantime, what you could do is highlight your low passage, choose the noise removal plugin, then reduce the effect it has so that you're not completely removing your low passages. Then just increase the overall clip's decibel range. That's probably as close to automatic as you can get.

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Music audio, enchance dynamics
by on Aug 29, 2016 at 2:28:04 pm

Click to highlight the clip in the sequence. In the top dropdown menus select Clip/Audio Options/Audio Gain. Then click on the Normalize Max Peak to 0dB button in the pop-up window.

Does that give you what you are looking for?

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]