ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

4:3 ratio in Premiere after importing from Resolve

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
London Homer-Wambeam4:3 ratio in Premiere after importing from Resolve
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 5:08:06 am

I've used Creative Cow to solve a lot of problems in the past, but I can't seem to find a thread addressing this problem, so I am starting my first thread here.

I exported an .xml from DaVinci Resolve after color grading to edit in Premiere, but when I open the .xml in Premiere Pro CS6, everything is in a 4:3 ratio (it should be 16:9). Some of it is letter-boxed, some is compressed and some is cropped. When I view the footage in Source Monitor, it is also compressed or cropped. However, when I go to the footage in the Project Bin and view it in the Source Monitor it is totally normal. Now in theory, I should be able to copy the footage from the improperly formatted timeline into a properly formatted timeline, but when I do, it is still squashed or letter-boxed, although the cropped footage returns to normal. If I view the clip in the Source Monitor now, it looks fine there, and if use the Drag Video tool to replace the footage, it then looks fine on my timeline.

So what the heck is going on here and how do I fix it? I really don't want to have to drag and replace every shot in a 40min project.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 4:3 ratio in Premiere after importing from Resolve
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 5:03:15 pm

What kind of footage is this? It sounds like it might be mixed dimensions and pixel aspect ratios -- some of it have an anamorphic pixel aspect ratio, e.g. you think it's 1920x1080 but it's really 1440x1080.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

London Homer-WambeamRe: 4:3 ratio in Premiere after importing from Resolve
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 5:07:45 pm

It should all be the same- 1920x1080 square pixels. It is from three different cameras, but they all work together fine in the original timeline, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation between camera and what footage is squashed, what is cropped and what is letter-boxed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]