ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Interlacing footage problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter van ReijenInterlacing footage problem
by on Aug 15, 2016 at 1:45:51 am

Hi everyone,

I have got a problem I hope some of you, smart people, can help me.

The project is to resize a SD interlaced 4:3 television program to 16:9 (let say exporting to HD1080i).

The source file got sometimes (not always) between two shots a frame with half/half fields, example: 10412_schermafbeelding20160815om03.28.56.png.zip

Nothing special with that you should think, it makes the video more smooth to see. But back to my project.. in the timeline (adobe premiere pro cc) I cut the file in a lot of pieces (each part is 1 shot), because I resize/reframe (actually differ the heights of the motion) all the different shots to correct new piece of work. Well, everything is fine about that, BUT when I export the project (to 1080i, 480i whatever) I got the same half/half fields, but now only one of the two fields has resized to my new height-setting. Can you follow my description? Now it's not a smooth frame that links shot A with shot B, but a shock in my video, because half of that frame reframed after this to my new height.

Is there any solution for it? I was thinking about forgetting the whole interlacing setting and deinterlace to 50fps, but you know, for television interlacing and 25fps is better to be stayed. (moreover: when I deinterlace with JES Deinterlacer 50fps the half/half fields are gone and are 2 seperate frames with shot A and shot B. But I am afraid I lose quality with deinterlacing).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,
Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter van ReijenRe: Interlacing footage problem
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 4:12:08 pm

Thanks for the many help *not*

I fixed it by deinterlacing every 25th frame which is easy to do in Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]