ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Media Encoder Presets in 5.0

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith RensbergerAdobe Media Encoder Presets in 5.0
by on Aug 10, 2016 at 11:54:09 pm

I have Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.3). I am editing AVCHD video (1080i 30p), and want to Export to Media, using format H.254 in a preset that will play on a DVD player (via USB port), and display 16:9 HD video in HD. I am unable to do it with the presets that are on my version of Premiere Pro (version 5.0.3).

Question 1: Are there free download updates out there that will expand the presets available? (I have a friend with Premiere Pro P 5.5, who uses H.254 (preset: Android tablet), and he gets good results)

Question 2: Can I update my CS5 (5.0) to (5.5) using a free download? Or is 5.5 a totally new release from 5.0?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe Media Encoder Presets in 5.0
by on Aug 11, 2016 at 1:34:17 am

Why don't you make your own custom preset? Fool around with AME & learn how...

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Adobe Media Encoder Presets in 5.0
by on Aug 11, 2016 at 1:11:56 pm

[Keith Rensberger] "want to Export to Media, using format H.254 in a preset that will play on a DVD player (via USB port)"

DVD players usually limit their decoding abilities to XVID/DIVX codecs in my experience, unless you have found a specific DVD player that decodes H.264? I've only ever found that on Blu-ray disc players.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]