ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Muting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SmoothMuting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 3:32:46 pm

Hello all,

I want to mute the sound of my footage while I pick the best parts of all the clips so I can listen to music. However I want to have the sound of my clips when I drag them onto my timeline. Is there a way to do this?

I know I could deactivate audio channels but this means I won't be bringing the audio along when I drag it onto the timeline.
The best bet I can think of is to go through each clip with audio channels deactivated, set my in and out points and then re-activate the audio, and then go through all the clips again, dragging them onto the timeline.

I'm just curious if there's a better way to do it, if there's a way to MUTE the Adobe program entirely or something along those lines.

Cheers!
Dave

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: Muting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:54:21 pm

i do this all the time. i just reach over to my speaker volume and turn it down.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Muting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 2:10:15 pm

[jerry wise] "i do this all the time. i just reach over to my speaker volume and turn it down."

Helps not to gloss over the "while I listen to music" part of the OP.

Return to posts index

David SmoothRe: Muting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 2:51:20 pm

This man can turn the hell down out of a volume speaker, reading a forum post not so much.

Return to posts index

Mitch JordanRe: Muting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 6:18:27 pm

You can solo or mute tracks at the bottom of your audio meters while the clip is playing in the player window.

Return to posts index

David SmoothRe: Muting Adobe Premiere Pro/Clips in the Project window
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 2:52:52 pm

So far the best solution I found is to mute each individual file in the Audio Clip Mixer while its in the source window. This way its muted but when you drop it onto the timeline it has full sound.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]