ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere turning down volume on my background apps (like spotify)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will CorcoranPremiere turning down volume on my background apps (like spotify)
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 1:18:01 am

Hey guys,

Premiere wants to try and be helpful and turn down and music I might be listening to running in the background when I run it.

For example if i'm listening to Spotify or listening to youtube, and I have the music at a comfortable level, when I open Premiere it will automatically turn down the music. I guess to help me edit and concentrate on what im editing?

Annoyingly after premiere has turned down the spotify running in the background, the music is now far too quiet, so I turn it up, when I exit premiere or log on to chrome or my browser, the music reverts to its original volume (very loud!). Very frustrating as I like to take mini brakes and browse during editing.

I've had a solid look through preferences to see if I can turn this feature off, but had no real luck yet.

Does any one know how to disable the feature?

Will

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Premiere turning down volume on my background apps (like spotify)
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:00:45 am

[Will Corcoran] "
Premiere wants to try and be helpful and turn down and music I might be listening to running in the background when I run it.
"

I don't experience this using Premiere under OSX. What is your machine and OS?

Return to posts index

Will CorcoranRe: Premiere turning down volume on my background apps (like spotify)
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 3:01:13 am

Running Premiere (Latest version, I think its 2015.3).

Running Acer laptop (reasonably high spec) on windows 10.

Will

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Premiere turning down volume on my background apps (like spotify)
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 8:53:15 pm

Something to try....If you are on a Mac, check your App Nap settings for Spotify and disable them. Get info on the Spotify icon and check the box to Prevent App Nap. Also uncheck Enable Power Nap in the energy settings. Do the same for all your Adobe apps. Photoshop and Illustrator won't have the settings in the info window, but all the video apps will.

Andy

Return to posts index

Will CorcoranRe: Premiere turning down volume on my background apps (like spotify)
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 3:03:22 am

Unfortunately im on windows (10)!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]