ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to easily convert 4k footage in an HD sequence to HD clips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don HertzHow to easily convert 4k footage in an HD sequence to HD clips?
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 12:59:04 am

I have a HD sequence (1920x1080 60i) in which three quarters of the clips are 4k footage. It worked fine for editing, but now that I'm trying to grade and add effects, the render times are incredibly slow. I was hoping I could use the Project Manager to take my final edited sequence and do a Consolidate and Transcode that would convert the sequence into all HD clips in a single ProRes format - then do my final grading and effects work from there. Now that I've scaled and positioned all my 4k clips - I don't really need them to be 4k any longer. My final deliverable is HD. But from what I can figure out, the transcode won't convert a 4k clip to an HD clip in the process? Every time it hits a 4k clip (which is most of them) I get an error and it only copies the full 4k clip to the destination folder. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Is there an easy way to do what I'm trying? Am I doing something wrong with the Consolidate and Transcode feature in Premiere? I assumed that if I chose to use "Preset" as my source, and chose an HD preset, that it would convert the 4k footage to HD during the copy. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]